Monday, October 17, 2022

Hand Sewn Projects

I've been working on Christmas gifts so I can't post any pictures. But, I'm also working on a few other projects. This is the first block for the Carrie Hall Sampler Quilt. This has been appliqued and the freezer paper removed from the back. I'm making 12 pink circles ready to applique in each quadrant of the block. There are only 9 large blocks and a few small blocks in between. I bought a few fabrics that a very light but do have some color in them.  I'm not quite sure how I'm going to place them. I still have to figure that out!


I'm sewing down the binding on Garlic Knots. I had this Jinny Beyer fabric sitting around for the longest time. I liked the variations in color and thought it would complement the quilt nicely. It's great to have hand work for when I'm watching TV. (Especially General Hospital!! Don't tell anyone!)

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely hand applique!! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I enjoy applique when the block is smaller than this one. It worked out okay but definitely more difficult due to it's size.

      Delete
  2. I'm excited to watch you work on the applique' project. I've told you before that I use to love watching GH and I meant to try it again...maybe soon. Love the binding on Garlic Knots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! Let me know if you start watching GH. I can fill you in. Their story lines can be a little weird sometimes!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...