Thursday, October 27, 2022

I Like Thursday #163

It's time to post our weekly likes. Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to find links to more likes. This is the cake we ordered for the engagement party we hosted a few weeks ago. My son and his fiancee really liked it! The baker custom designed it. All the decorations were edible but I'm not sure they were all ingested! I think they saved the engagement ring. It was impressive to see.  It was a white gluten free cake. 

 

I'm working on some Christmas projects. I bought this as the backing for a few of them. JoAnn's has a great assortment of holiday fabric. There were so many to choose from! It was difficult to decide which one to pick.


Our prompt this week is about the Halloween costume we wore as kids. I can't really remember to be honest but I do know I was always a princess or Cinderella. I found this goofy picture and as funny as it looks, there was something familiar about it! I always had one of those thick plastic masks that always got sweaty. I wore lots of pink. I think my brother was Batman a few years. We always went together but would see a lot of the neighborhood kids along the way. It was always a fun night no matter what.


Lastly, Lily was sleeping next to me but I disturbed her when I got up. I wish I could sleep so soundly! I don't think I'd like to be twisted around like that but she does look cute! She likes to get next to me to sleep lately. 

I hope you have a nice weekend. This is the first day of sunshine we've had in awhile! So nice to see all the brightness!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful cake. Happy engagement! And what a wuzzy kitty. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cake really turned out nice. My cat has been very cute lately but she also likes to scratch so you never know!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous cake for such a wonderful occasion. Yes, I too loved Halloween night...treats were definitely not as prevalent as they are everyday now. So I think I appreciated it more. Very cute fabric! But cuter still is Lily...adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cake and best wishes for the happy couple! Oh how I remember those plastic masks! I remember my mom wrapping me in a white sheet and calling it a ghost costume. I'd say that was my LEAST favorite LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The costumes seem so much nicer now than ours were. The sheet sounds like a very easy costume!!

      Delete
  4. the cake is so pretty.... a show piece and gluten free! Lily... adorbs. I love that our fur babies get comfy and trust us enough to sleep soundly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with you, LeeAnna! So nice our pets know they're safe.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...