Thursday, October 20, 2022

I Like Thursday #162

It's time for my weekly likes. If you visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color, you can find links to similar posts. My daughter spent a few days in the White Mountains this week. This is a picture she took while hiking. She said the hike was challenging but well worth the effort! Such a great view!

Our prompt this week was our favorite Halloween candy. I was always partial to Baby Ruth bars. My mother always liked them too so I think they were more readily available! I really love anything chocolate. I always liked Hershey bars, M&M's as well as licorice sticks. When it comes to sweets, there are more things that I like than I don't like!


Speaking of sweets, we celebrated my daughter's birthday last weekend. We ordered a triple chocolate cake. It's made of chocolate cake, chocolate frosting along with 2 layers of chocolate mousse. This cake is so good! It's a bit heavy so small slices are better. 


I'm working on Carrie Hall's Sampler Applique quilt. I was originally going to use all white fabric for the background for each block. I saw a few quilts made of blocks with pastel or very lightly colored backgrounds. I bought these 3 fabrics and am still trying to figure out how to use them. The colors are so soft and pretty! 

Have a great weekend!  It's been cool this week but I hear the weekend will be warmer. Something to look forward to!

10 comments:

  1. I'm learning that I love mountain views as well ;) Baby Ruth and Butterfingers were always my favorite...but I wouldn't pass up a piece of that amazing Triple Chocolate cake. Happy Birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna! I like Butterfingers too. I forgot about them.

      Delete
  2. Yes, those fabrics are very soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty fabrics. I used to love Hershey's with almonds when I was little, that is what my great grandmother always bought me, but then I discovered peanut butter cups, snickers, baby ruth, anything with nuts or peanut butter seem to be my favorite. Gorgeous view for her hike in the White mountains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to find candy we don't like! My daughter enjoyed her stay in the mountains.

      Delete
  4. Ooh - I really like those pastels. I've done a couple of light-colored quilts lately. Those would go with all sorts of things. That cake looks awesome. Baby Ruths are good! But licorice is not something I ever got into (you can have my share).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would take your licorice any time! I'm trying to figure out how to use those pastels in the quilt. I was so happy to find them!

      Delete
  5. well, a bit of vanilla ice cream with that cake would be good, and I love baby ruth's!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...