Thursday, May 25, 2023

I Like Thursday #192

Welcome to I Like Thursday! I'm posting rather late today because my tutoring session is now scheduled for the morning. I could have posted last night but I was too busy watching the season finales for the Chicago shows. I couldn't tear myself away! LeeAnna is our hostess for all things Thursday. Please visit her at Not Afraid of Color to link up with more fun blogs. I saw this floral arrangement at HomeSense. I didn't buy it right away but I kept thinking about it. I went back a few weeks later and this one was the only one left. I snapped it up and put it on my foyer table. I love the color! It looks really good so I'm going to leave it there for awhile.

I had a busy weekend. My brother came home for his annual visit. My mother had a nice dinner for all of us. She made lasagna, chicken cutlets, eggplant parmesan and salad. I made my usual white cake that everyone likes. I felt really full after that dinner. That's my mom on the left. I think she was tired! My brother is on the right and my daughter is in the middle.


I made another pin cushion. I love using my leftover Tula Pink fabric. This is a quick project that I finished in an afternoon. I like having a few on hand so I can use them as gifts for my sewing friends. 

I've been looking for a nice knitting project for the yarn my daughter gave me at Christmas. It's bulky weight and not too much in yardage. I found this great mitten pattern. You can see where the thumb is going to go! Bulky yarn knits up so fast! Just what I like!

This week's prompt is where would you like to go on vacation? If money wasn't a consideration, I would love to travel to Europe and stay for a few months. I would love to explore each country and find my roots in Italy. I would love to see Paris, London, etc. Maybe someday!!

Have a wonderful long weekend!


7 comments:

  1. I love your applique prep you showed in the last post. That is going to be so beautiful, Rosemary. And I love your pin cushion too. How wonderful to be together with family and with such a wonderful meal too. It sounds delicious to me. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn. It was so nice to have the whole family together. The preparation for this applique block is going so slowly! The pieces are large and odd shaped. I'm hoping the actual applique is easier!

      Delete
  2. Those flowers look amazing. And wow - that dinner. I'd be stuffed, too! Cute pin cushion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! My mother was very tired after she did all that cooking but it was all so good!

      Delete
  3. Those flowers were calling your name, beautiful choice! Family dinner sounds so delicious, and white cake - yes! Glad you had good family time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. My brother's visits always go by too fast!

      Delete
  4. You can always stay for free here in Lincolnshire 😘

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...