Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Mexican Rose


The Blast From the Past Quilt top is almost complete but I have been working on my applique too. My pieces are all ready to make the Mexican Rose block. I love that the corner flower is all one piece and not 5 petals. This will be so much easier and the spacing between petals will be perfect. Such a time saver! This block measure 20.5" square.


Here are all my blocks so far. I believe I have 4 applique blocks left to make after Mexican Rose. I also have pieced rectangular blocks to make that will take up space between some of the blocks that are different sizes.  I've been itching to start a knitting project but I'm trying to restrain myself. I'll never finish this quilt top if I start knitting! I need to control myself!

4 comments:

  1. Gosh, these are so beautiful, Rosemary!! You do wonderful applique work.
    Hugs, Julierose P.S. I know what you mean about knitting/crocheting--I have that same response...;)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think while I'm sewing, I want to knit something. And vice versa! It's so hard to keep away from starting something new!

      Delete
  2. That is another beautiful appliqued block and you are so perfect with your placement, Rosemary. They all look so pretty on the wall.

    ReplyDelete

Fabric Placement

I've been working on making the border for Alaska. Edyta Sitar has a picture on her blog where she repeats one of the blocks as the bord...