Thursday, May 18, 2023

I Like Thursday #191


 It's time for I Like Thursday. Every week, a bunch of us bloggers post happy and fun posts. Please visit LeeAnna over Not Afraid of Color to link up with more of these posts. I've already gifted one of my table toppers to my mother this past weekend for Mother's Day. I still have this one to mail off to a friend. I just wanted to show you my quilting. I did lots of arcs, straight lines and ribbon candy. I also quilted a grid in the center. This was fun to quilt and so fast due to it's size. I really like how it came out.

I went to my local quilt shop hoping to find a backing for the Blast From the Past Quilt. I thought this would be pretty for the back. The flowers are actually much smaller than they look like in this picture. It was on sale which was even better!

Tom Petty was always one of my favorites. My kids remember me playing his music growing up. I received this book for Mother's Day from my son. It's been updated and pictures added. His wife also added some new content. I can't wait to read it!

The prompt this week is whether or not you've met anyone famous. I haven't had any chance encounters with celebrities. However, I did go to Walker Stalker when it would take place in Boston. The actors from The Walking Dead were there to meet and greet. Some are famous but some are just known for their work in The Walking Dead. I did see Tyler James Williams there. He was killed off from the Walking Dead but he's well known for other roles including Abbott Elementary. These actors were so nice. You could get in line, talk to them and get your picture taken. That's about as close as I got to meeting someone famous!

10 comments:

  1. great mother's day gift, and I would say that was a close encounter with celebrities!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! Those Walker Stalkers were so much fun. It was something we could do as a family. I miss them!

      Delete
  2. That table topper is really cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous table topper! Love it! Didn't know there was a book out about Tom Petty, great gift! Have a swell weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty table topper. I'm sure it'll be well-loved! How fun for your son to pick out this book for your Mother's Day gift. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie! I always get great gifts from my kids!

      Delete
  5. What a pretty table topper! We like Tom Petty, too, especially his Traveling Wilbury albums. Hope you enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! I still like the Traveling Wilbury's. I love to listen to anything Tom Petty especially when sewing!

      Delete

Fabric Placement

I've been working on making the border for Alaska. Edyta Sitar has a picture on her blog where she repeats one of the blocks as the bord...