Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Pride of the Forest Prep

I've been working on my applique project, Carrie Hall's Sampler Quilt. The next block is called Pride of the Forest. I'm getting all the pieces ready. I use the freezer paper method so it takes a little while to get everything ready for applique. This block will measure 25" square when finished. It's large and so are some of the pieces! The pieces are odd shaped and rather hard to baste. I hope to do a better job when I'm actually doing the applique. I tried to pick some different fabrics for this block. I hope they work!

This quilt also requires some piecing since the blocks are not all the same size. I made this little set of 9-patches and sewed it onto the piece where it belongs. I like these colors together. I was hoping for more of a modern look although the patterns are very traditional. I can't wait to see it all together!


2 comments:

  1. This block looks very challenging--I am sure you will be able to do it anyway--you are so good at applique...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! The basting doesn't look too good but I hope to do a better job when I'm actually doing the applique!

      Delete

Fabric Placement

I've been working on making the border for Alaska. Edyta Sitar has a picture on her blog where she repeats one of the blocks as the bord...