Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Carrie Hall's Sampler All Quilted!


 I finished quilting this quilt over the weekend. I'm so happy I tried so many different quilt motifs. I feel some worked better than others but they look great now that it's done. I have a few closeup pictures for you to see!

Here's the center. I love the designs for this block. I didn't figure out what to do until I was at the longarm and had this block next to do. Sometimes, you need that pressure to make a decision!


I used swirl with a hook for this large block. I just outlined the applique. I liked leaving it alone so it could puff up a little.


I decided on a meander for the lower block and leaves for the smaller block above.


Lots of swirls in these 2 blocks! The top has a swirl with spiky lines around it. The applique sort of interrupts the quilting motif so it was hard to make the whole design sometimes. The bottom block has a long swirl with an echo around it.


Here are 4 corners that show the great texture and different designs. Phew, so glad it's done! I'm already working on the binding. I'd like to finish this one soon! 



4 comments:

  1. That looks great. like the different designs next to each other

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karin! It was a little difficult trying to come up with different ideas but I like how it came out.

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely quilt you've finished--and the quilting is fabulous;)) Beautiful work Rosemary--now you can enjoy it;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I'm so happy it came out as good as it did. I wasn't sure some of those designs would work but it's all good!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...