Thursday, February 29, 2024

I Like Thursday #225

How can it be time for Thursday Likes so soon?? Time goes by so fast lately. Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to link up to more fun blogs posting happy and uplifting posts. I'm working quite diligently on my Alaska quilt. This is Block 7. The blocks measure 9.5" square. I can't believe I'm almost halfway through making the blocks for this awesome quilt. So far, so good!


I found this cute little plant at the store last week. They're called Tete a Tete daffodils. I plan on planting them outside once the weather improves. Speaking of weather, it's been so windy the last 24 hours. I had such a hard time sleeping. The wind was so noisy. It's supposed to calm down this afternoon. I was afraid of losing power but we never lost it. Sort of miraculous! It's quite a bit cooler than yesterday too. Crazy weather!!

As you can see, I'm all set for St. Patrick's Day. I brought out my spring flowers too. A dear quilting friend made me this table topper. I had never made anything for St. Patrick's day. How my friend knew that is a mystery! We're online friends so she's never been to my house. I love displaying it every year.


 I had never heard of this book but decided to read it anyway. It was wonderful! It is loosely based on the life of Martha Ballard, a midwife in New England in the 1700's. Don't miss this gem of a book! I couldn't put it down.

It's been a quiet week which is fine with me! Have a great weekend!!

8 comments:

  1. Your blocks are so pretty. And what beautiful flowers and I like the idea that you can also plant them. Pretty table topper! I've noted that book as the premise sounds interesting to me as well. Great post, Rosemary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn! It sounds like we have similar taste!

      Delete
  2. That is a gorgeous set of blocks!lots of triangles! Can wait for the finish. Today I will put away red/ pink/ hearts and such and get out the green things. I’ve downsized a lot, but still an a couple. Love that little table topper. I wonder if there are any daffodils in our stores yet! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hated putting away the Valentine's Day decorations but time moves quickly! It will be time for Easter decorations soon!

      Delete
  3. I agree with the weird weather. Such a pretty green table topper. Looking forward to more Alaska blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! The Alaska blocks are going much quicker than I expected.

      Delete
  4. If you have an opportunity try to locate a copy of "A Midwife's Tale" by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, the Life of Martha Ballard, based on her diary, 1785-1812. It is fascinating! It won a Pulitzer Prize. I'll have to find a copy of the book you just read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I didn't know about that book. The Frozen River was wonderful although it's only based on her life. Lots of fiction as well.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...