Thursday, February 15, 2024

I Like Thursday #223

It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to link up to more blogs posting positive and fun posts. I ordered this fabric a while ago for my son's wedding quilt. The quilt is made up of all solid fabrics and I thought this backing would complement it nicely. It's 108" wide so I won't need to make a seam. I love that!


This is Block 5 of Alaska. It measures 9.5" square. This one is much easier than the last block. I have to make 3 more of these blocks. 


 Since I rediscovered cross stitching, I've been looking for patterns. I bought this magazine last week. It has the cutest Easter and Spring designs. There are so many patterns I want to make!  I just wish I had more time!!


I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day! I got these gorgeous roses as well as a box of chocolates. We also had a nice dinner. That's a good holiday for me!

That's it for me this week. Have a great weekend!!


13 comments:

  1. Your Alaska blocks are beauties! This backing fabric is so vibrant and seems to have movement in it which is interesting. Easter/spring cross stitch designs are so cute. I love that you are slow stitching. I think you had a splendid Valentines...love the colour of those roses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn. I had a great holiday and good week!

      Delete
  2. Hi Rosemary! Ooh, that fabric for the backing for your son's quilt is gorgeous. Such rich tones and colors - so nice. Nice job on the Alaska block (and your previous ones, too). That will be a pretty quilt. What gorgeous flowers for Valentine's Day. Now you get it - the adage whereby retired wondered how they ever had time to work?! I feel that same thing - so many projects, so little time. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I feel more busy now than when I worked!! Of course, it's much more pleasant. It's all stuff I want to do!

      Delete
  3. Ooh - love that backing. And isn't the wide backing wonderful? Pretty roses. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally. I love the using wide backs. So easy!!

      Delete
  4. Love the backing! ...and no seam, that's the best! What a cute cross stitched bunny! I don't dare looking into my cross stitching magazines! I know there are projects I'd love to do, but right now I already have too much on my plate. Another pretty Alaska block. Valentine's Day; I got the sweetest small box with Lindt Lindor chocolates! To die for! lol

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...