Thursday, February 8, 2024

I Like Thursday #222


It's time for Thursday likes! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up to more fun blogs. I'm on the fourth block of Alaska, a quilt designed by Edyta Sitar. This one is tough! Each block is made up of 28 pieces. My block came out great but I had to be very careful while sewing. There are many more of these blocks to make so I should just need to be patient and take my time. I do love the block! It measures 9.5" square.


I'm still working on my Oopsie Daisie block from Bonnie Hunter. I have 72 completed blocks. I want to make 100. I only work on 2 at a time. It's a great stash busting block. They also finish at 9.5" square.

I'm so thrilled to let you know my Christmas Cactus plant is growing! I'm not very good at keeping plants alive but this one is thriving. I bought it in December. I had had a Christmas Cactus for years but it ended up dying. I'm hoping this one lasts awhile!

Kristin Hannah is my favorite contemporary author. Her new book came out Tuesday and I ran out to buy it! I usually read e-books but I love to buy a few so I can reread and lend them out to friends.  I can't wait to start this one! It's about nurses serving in the Viet Nam War. 

Our prompt this week is whether you prefer chocolates or flowers for Valentine's Day. I say both! One is to eat and one is to view and enjoy! My son was born on Valentine's Day so it's tough to beat that as a gift! He's my best gift ever!

Have a great weekend!!

10 comments:

  1. I like your blocks. Good luck with your cactus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Alaska block is beautiful! Love the blues and cream/white. I had to look up the Oopsie Daisie block, another pretty block and great for reducing stash. Hope your cactus survive, they are so beautiful when blooming. The book sounds interesting, have to check it out if it is available here. No e-books for me, I prefer real books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Astrid! I use an app where I can access books from my library online so I got used to e-books just because they're easy. I can borrow books and not have to go to the library. And it's all free!!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful block! I'm envious of your quilting skills, Rosemary. Alaska is a gorgeous quilt. How neat to have your cactus in bloom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jocelyn! I hope I can keep the Christmas Cactus alive!!

      Delete
  4. omgosh the block is amazing! I just love it, and see how challenging it would be to keep it square, All that bias and so little! I haven't seen the finished quilt but will go looking to find it. Yes to both, why not? Why not celebrate love? LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, LeeAnna! Yes, why not enjoy both?!!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing! I'm sewing this block so slowly!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...