Friday, October 18, 2024

Quilt Shop Visit


 I have had the busiest week! I had 5 scheduled appointments plus I'm getting ready for my son's wedding next weekend. I haven't been doing much sewing or quilting but I did manage to make a visit to my local quilt shop, Bits & Pieces in Pelham, NH. I just wanted to look at fabric and buy a few things to cheer myself up from such a hectic week. I bought these 3 orange Halloween fabrics. I never seem to buy orange fabric and thought this would be a great time to stock up. I couldn't resist them!

I usually use Aurifil thread for piecing but I thought I'd try this thread from Superior Threads. The ladies at the quilt shop love it! They're very similar in price. I hope I like it!


Looking forward to 2025, I found these 2 upcoming events. I've attended both in the past. I think I missed Fabric Frenzy last year but will try to go in February. The Expo is great! There are lots of vendors, quilts and classes. I will definitely be going. 

I hope to have a quiet weekend after my busy week. I have a friend coming over tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the visit! Have a great weekend!!


4 comments:

  1. Really cute fabric finds...it always lifts your spirits i think to get new fabric...Have a great weekend Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I guess I needed some retail therapy!

      Delete
  2. You found some nice orange fabric, Rosemary. You really had a busy week. I hope you enjoyed your friend's visit and was able to relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I had a quiet weekend which is just what I needed!

      Delete

2 Small Finishes and a BOM

I just finished this little snowman cross stitch ornament top. It's in the new Christmas issue from Just Cross Stitch. They have a ton o...