Thursday, October 24, 2024

I Like Thursday #254


 I'm having a quiet week with no appointments! This week is so much more pleasant than last week. I'm linking up with LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color for I Like Thursday. This is my latest cross stitch Christmas ornament. I completely changed this one around. I didn't have a navy blue aida fabric so I opted for light blue and changed the color of the houses to navy. I just have 3 big snowflakes to stitch over each house. I love watching TV and stitching. I think it's good for my blood pressure!

My oven stopped working about 2 weeks ago. We ordered a new stove and it was installed this morning. The burners and broiler worked but not the oven. So weird! Our old stove only lasted about 7 years. I'm hoping this one lasts a bit longer than that. Our older stove was a Samsung and not many people will work on Samsung. We decided to get a new stove and not waste time. 


I took this picture about 2 weeks ago. We had a few days where the sunsets were just so colorful. October sunsets are so pretty. It must be that nice dry air.


I read a lot but usually I stick to novels. I decided to give short stories a try. This book got great reviews. There was a time that I loved short stores and preferred them to longer books. We'll see how much I like them now.

It's been warm here all week but it's definitely getting cooler now. Have a great weekend!


6 comments:

  1. I like the way you changed the colors in your cross stitch ornament. Hmmm...what color will you use for the snowflakes? I bought a new Samsung washer and dryer and really wish I hadn't. I needed a repair a few months ago and tech came from South Carolina! It worked out but I had to wait TWO weeks. That sky is gorgeous. I love the way it transitions from orange to grey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I'll still make the snowflakes white. I don't understand why no one will fix Samsung appliances. I hate throwing out anything that can be fixed. I'm going to avoid buying that brand again.

      Delete
  2. Your stove looks a lot like ours. The oven we had replaced (years ago) was the same problem - burners worked, but not the oven). Beautiful sunset. I have not been reading as much as usual. :-( I hope to get back into it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally. I thought that stove would last a little longer but no luck. I hope to have better luck with this one.

      Delete
  3. I write short stories but don't find reading them satisfying enough. In fact I want a series by an author, that I can really get into!
    sky is amazing colors! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! I read once that short stories are difficult because you have to cram everything into just a few pages. We'll see if I like my book.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #254

 I'm having a quiet week with no appointments! This week is so much more pleasant than last week. I'm linking up with LeeAnna over a...