Monday, October 14, 2024

Spider Web Quilting

This is my finished Halloween Door Hanger. It measures about 18" X 22". I really wasn't sure how to quilt this piece. I wasn't sure if traditional was the way to go.

I was going to outline the flying geese and maybe quilt arcs along each side of the triangles. I just didn't think it fit the overall Halloween feeling.

I'm hoping you can see the quilting better in this picture. I quilted straight lines along the border. But the interior has one big spider web quilted over it! I thought it would be a fun way to finish this wall hanging. It wasn't too hard to do. I quilted straight lines diagonally and across the middle of the 2 sides. Then, I quilted arcs all the way around from line to line. I repeated that 3 more times. It was fast and quick. This pattern is very forgiving since spider webs are never perfect! This was a fun finish for me!

5 comments:

  1. I like the way you quilted it! I love this piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! It sometimes takes me awhile to figure out how to quilt something. I thought this was a fun idea.

      Delete
  2. I love that spider web quilting--it is the perfect choice for this lovely little piece...nice work Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I wanted to do something a little different. The quilting worked well on this wall hanging.

      Delete
  3. The spider web quilting is perfect for this little quilt. The size makes a great wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete

Spider Web Quilting

This is my finished Halloween Door Hanger. It measures about 18" X 22". I really wasn't sure how to quilt this piece. I wasn&#...