We drove into Boston Saturday morning and met my friend, Sarah, and her husband Simon. Their cruise ship docked near the Seaport area so we stayed in that area for the day. We went out for coffee and lunch. We went into stores and small pop-up retail areas. It wasn't as warm as summer but it wasn't too chilly. It was perfect walking weather. That's the Boston Tea Party area behind us. People were throwing off tethered boxes from the boat to re-enact it.
I should have taken more pictures but we were too busy talking and bringing each other up to speed in what's been going on in our lives. We had such a great time being together. They had to be back to their ship by 4pm so the day just flew by. I wish they could have stayed longer but we were lucky to have that day to ourselves. By the way, this picture is from the gift shop inside the Boston Tea Party Museum. I love how they paid tribute to Paul Revere's ride. It was so well done!
We're hoping to meet up again some time soon. It's our turn to visit their area. I'm already looking forward to our next visit. Until then, we'll keep in contact as best as we can.


Oh what a lovely photo of the two of you!! Isn't that just fabulous that you were able to get together? Life is so short and things like that don't happen often enough it seems... hugs, Julierose
ReplyDelete