Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Disco and Scraps

No photo description available.

I bought a kit for Disco a few years ago when I visited Keepsake Quilting in NH. I really don't want to start a new project. I'm still working on Long Time Gone and Carolina Chain which are both scrap quilts. The only problem I've been having is that I'm using the same fabrics over and over again.

Image may contain: food

For both scrap quilts, I have to cut pieces that measure 3 1/2 inches by 2 inches. When I read the directions for Disco, I found that each piece I'm cutting has a 3 1/2 inch measurement. I have a nice little amount of fabric left when I'm done cutting the pieces from each fat quarter. So I decided to start cutting Disco but use the scraps to infuse a  little more variety into my other scrap quilts. The piece above is a half hexagon. I have Jaybird Quilts' rulers which make the cutting so very fast and easy.
No photo description available.

These are the triangles that are sewn on both sides of the half hexagon. The fabrics are by Carolyn Friedlander. These fabrics make a nice contrast when mixed with my own stash fabrics. The only bad thing is that I'm cutting for 3 quilts and that makes my cutting very slow. I'll be happy when I'm done! It's just a little tedious right now. 

6 comments:

  1. Yes, i agree--cutting and cutting can be tiring--that is why i really love my Go Baby cutter...but even then it's a job. I like those Friedlander fabrics---a lot hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to buy one of those cutting machines but have no idea which one to choose. I'll have to do some research!

      Delete
  2. That looks like a really neat pattern! I have the same thing happen with my scrappy quilts - the same scraps show up in more than one quilt. The good thing about that is that if I'm going to give one away, I can still see my favorite bits of fabric in the quilt I'm keeping! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm getting there a little bit at a time. I think new fabric perks up the project and the quilter at the same time!

      Delete
  3. Interesting pattern Rosemary, look forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm on the slow side lately. Might take a while!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...