Sunday, June 23, 2019

Quilting 1930's Farmer's Wife



Image may contain: indoor

I finally started to quilt my 1930's Farmer's Wife quilt. I kept changing my mind about how I wanted to quilt it. I was looking in books and online for various ideas. I ended with this design. The outer border has a triple swag with one inch piano keys finishing up the rest of the border.

No photo description available.

I free motion quilted ribbon candy in the inner border. So far, so good! I'll be doing lots of ruler work in the blocks. The pieces are very small and I think ruler work makes the most sense. However, I've been known to change my mind! We'll have to see what happens!


8 comments:

  1. Love those quilting patterns--they add so much to your quilt lovely work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemary! Oh my, your quilting looks just fabulous. It sure brightened up those borders and really makes them shine in a not-in-your-face way. I can't wait to see what you do in the center blocks. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I'm mostly stitching in the ditch for these blocks. However, I will do some free motion quilting where I can. I'll be posting!

      Delete
  3. No I Like post? awe... please let me know if you enjoyed the experience and want to continue with us. Hope so. Leeanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna. I just posted! I do enjoy the I Like posts very much. I just tend to run out of time some weeks!

      Delete
  4. Did I tell you Rosemary, I made a Farmer's Wife quilt a few years ago. I got it to the flimsy stage...I'd hand stitched epp 50 of the blocks so it was a mammoth task for me and a real learning experience. How wonderful that you can quilt yours up so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hand stitching all those blocks is quite the feat! I made all mine using my sewing machine. That makes your quilt very special. The blocks are made up of so many small pieces that I'm probably just going to stitch in the ditch. Would love to see yours!

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...