Thursday, June 27, 2019

I Like Thursday #7

Image may contain: outdoor

I found this little guy on my deck furniture. He kept moving around but seemed quite content sunning himself. He's so light that I almost didn't see him at first!

Image may contain: plant, tree, sky, outdoor and nature

Speaking of my deck, our plants are doing well! The 2 left pots are tomatoes. The right 2 pots are hot peppers. I don't like anything spicy but my husband does! I'll take the tomatoes and he can take the hot peppers!

Image may contain: plant, flower, outdoor and nature

Pansies have always been one of my favorite flowers. Aren't they so happy?! We bought those cement pots almost 20 years ago. I love how they age. I think it makes them look even better. 

Image may contain: dessert and food

It was my husband's birthday this past weekend. I made him his favorite cake. It's just white cake with whipped vanilla frosting. I found a recipe on Pinterest for White Wedding Cake. It's more dense than regular cake. It's so good! I can't make it too often. I'd be eating it all the time! Special occasions are fine!

That's my favorites for the last 2 weeks. I've been so busy that I forgot to take pictures of what I like. These posts are such good reminders to stop and smell the flowers! I do enjoy sharing my likes on Thursdays. If you'd like to see more likes, join LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to see more nice things! Enjoy!!

10 comments:

  1. Your plants are doing so well on your deck!!
    and that cake looks wonderful...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! I love having those plants on the deck. Easy to water!!

      Delete
  2. That cake definitely looks yummy! Glad you're having good success with your veggies, too. I found tomatoes growing on our plants just in the last few days, and that's so exciting! Is that a little frog on your deck railing? He definitely looks quite comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diann! I think that is a little frog on my deck! The coloring was a little different than usual. That cake didn't last too long!

      Delete
  3. How nice! I love the older planter too, and the cake, the tomatoes are much bigger than mine although they are trying to grow. Thanks for joining our merry group!
    Leeanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! It's so nice to acknowledge so many nice things around us.

      Delete
  4. Your little tree frog is so cute! Have you heard him at night? They make an amazing racket.
    I love to see what folks are cooking/baking...lovely looking cake. Isn't it a wonderful time of year when things can grow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know more about that frog than I do! I do enjoy this time of year. Sometimes after work, I love to sit on my deck and read. I love just being outdoors and feeling the sun's warmth after being indoors all day.

      Delete
  5. Love the colouring on the little frog. Your mini pansies are perfect in the pot there, love the ageing process of the pot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maureen! It's fun to look around you and see what makes you happy.

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...