Thursday, June 13, 2019

I Like Thursday #6

Image may contain: plant, outdoor and nature

This is another outdoor sculptor found at our library. It's not too far from The Children's Room. It's in the backyard of the library. I don't really see anyone ever sitting around it. I just thought it was a unique item to find at the library!

Image may contain: plant, shoes, tree and outdoor

Speaking of The Children's Room, this is a patio that the children can use to sit outside and read books. There's a door from the children's area that leads right out to the brick patio. I've heard some of the kids have picnics out there.


My husband was getting ready to cut the grass when he found this little guy. He was actually on the street. My husband put on gloves and moved him onto the grass. I'm pretty sure he's a baby robin. There was a larger robin (his mother??) hovering in the background. My husband bought a little plastic fence and hoped it would keep the bird from being hurt from any other animals that might be roaming the neighborhood. We keep seeing the mother going over to him. I hope she's giving him a nice tasty worm! He chirps which I hope lets the mama know where he is.

Image may contain: flower and text

I was lucky enough to receive an Advance Reader's Copy of this book and I loved it! I sort of devoured it in a matter of a few days. I'm hoping to read this author's other books. If you get the chance to read it, get it! It's a little sappy but so full of good feelings!

Want to see more nice things that make you feel good?? Go visit LeeAnne at Not Afraid of Color!

16 comments:

  1. Your library looks like a lovely place! I love outdoor art and sculpture. We have lots of baby birds in our yard right now, too - hopefully the parents are taking good care of them until they're ready to be on their own! Thanks for the book recommendation, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The library is an old building but it has been updated. A lot of the original features are still there. It's a nice building to explore. Our baby bird is gone! I think it finally figured out how to fly!

      Delete
  2. Lovely outdoor sculpture...what a great place to sit and read....
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I really love our library. It's an old building with so many nooks and crannies to explore.

      Delete
  3. What a pretty library! We had a similar experience here with a baby robin too while we were on a walk. It was chirping and Scout was very interested in it (I kept her at bay) and then Mama started dive bombing us so we left them in peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! The little bird is gone! I hope he figured out how to fly and went home to his mama!

      Delete
  4. What a cool library patio! I loved going to the library as a kid and it would have been really cool to have a reading patio. Glad you were able to rescue the baby robin- I hope he keeps growing ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy our library! It's a great place to visit and explore. The little bird is gone! I'm hoping it flew away with his mama.

      Delete
  5. That is a great place for kiddies to read. I think my grandkids next door found a baby or two and have been nursing it also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our town has a very nice library. It's always so busy there! The little bird has flown away. I hope he's okay!

      Delete
  6. How sweet to protect and help the baby robin. That book sounds good-I'll have to look for it in my library.
    Thanks. mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you and your husband are kind sorts! Soft hearted! Us too. We saved a nest of squirrel babies one year, blew out in a storm, and the mama could only save one as she had to build a new nest. We took the others, closed eyes and screaming, to our vet tech who raised them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice that you took such great care of the squirrel babies! Our baby bird is gone! I'm hoping he flew to be with his mama!

      Delete
  8. I missed this last week. I love those stone and iron gates. So pretty. The sculpture is pretty cool, too. Baby robin! So small. Hope he makes it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The library has a lot of very nice sculptures as well as wood work. The baby bird flew away! I hope he's okay too!

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...