Thursday, June 6, 2019

More Blocks LTG

Image may contain: stripes

I finished up two more blocks for Long Time Gone. This one measures 12 1/2 inches square. I made 64 Half Square Triangles. I will need them to make 3 blocks for this quilt. I liked putting in a cute flower from a Kaffe Fassett fabric I found. I love his colors and thought it would be a great center for this particular block.

No photo description available.

This is another block that I used HST. This block measures 14 1/2 inches X 10 1/2 inches. This is a great way to use up those scraps. Fabrics that aren't so pretty seem to blend right in!

No photo description available.

These are all my blocks so far in no particular order. I think I'm getting there, little by little! I usually do I Like Thursday but I forgot all about it this week. I'll have to get ready for next week! 

10 comments:

  1. Ooooh, very cool blocks! I like the colors. They pop with joy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Are you putting sashing between the blocks? I think this is an interesting look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, some blocks will have sashing around them. But since they're all weird sizes, I'll also have to make simple borders similar to 9-patches. I'm following Jen Kingwell's directions. I will be changing up the border.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I just love that block with the KF flower centered...you chose just the right fabrics to surround it, Rosemary--I SAW that little kitty peering out there--so cute ;))))
    --this will be a lovely quilt....
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! I'm so surprised you found the kitty! You've got great eyesight!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Maureen! I'm in the home stretch!

      Delete
  5. Oh my Rosemary, what a feast for the eyes your blocks are. Such perfect piecing and lovely combining of fabrics and colours. As Julierose says, this is going to be a beauty of a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice comment! I love all the different techniques needed to make this quilt. I'm learning a lot and getting a quilt out of it!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...