Thursday, September 19, 2019

I Like Thursday #19

Image may contain: indoor

It seems to be getting more like Fall everyday. I just took out my fall table runner. I made this using blocks that were designed on Electric Quilt. They were having a tutorial one summer. I decided to use the blocks for a fall table runner. I really enjoyed making this. I'm not that great with Electric Quilt. I have to use the books to navigate through the program. It's a fun quilting tool to use. 

No photo description available.

I put this wool mat in my family room every year. The pieces were all pre-cut. I just had to stitch them down using the blanket stitch. 

Image may contain: indoor

Today was on the cool side but I managed to wash these curtains and clean my family room windows. I have one room left that needs windows and curtains cleaned. My mother still cleans her windows twice a year but I barely manage to get it done once a year! Curtains and windows are a pain to clean!

Image may contain: house, plant, sky, tree and outdoor

I'm so thankful for my veterinarian, Dr. Kane. This is a nice picture of her hospital

No photo description available.

Lily and Molly are in those carriers in the waiting room at the vet's office. They weren't very happy. Thanks to Dr. Kane, we had a great appointment with a minimum of stress for our kitties. They hate leaving the house! They sounded very loud while waiting for our appointment. For 2 little cats, it's surprising how loud they are!

Those are my happy thoughts for the week. I'll be linking up with LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color. Go visit her site for more positive posts!

16 comments:

  1. Hi there! I wonder if the kittens would like to be in the same carrier to comfort each other? I don't know cats well...
    Windows... I asked the owners of this house at closing, how do you clean the high windows and they sort of laughed and said they never did. I can't keep the dog snot off the sliders!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could put the cats in the same carrier but they tend to fight in small areas! I had plenty of nose and paw prints to clean off the windows!!

      Delete
  2. Your fall tablerunner and wool mat are so pretty! I always enjoy changing out my quilty things for the seasons, too. A good veterinarian (just like our human docs) makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diann! I've had a few vets over the years and you're so right about finding a good vet!

      Delete
  3. Nice table runner and funny we just took Dunks to the vets. He is not calm at all so glad he is good for a year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once a year is all I can accomplish with the windows and curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely getting to be fall - I had to dig out a turtleneck this week! I like your fall runners. Huzzah for good vets - such a wonderful thing to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started wearing some of my warmer shirts and it's supposed to be so warm this weekend! I can't figure out what to wear!

      Delete
  6. Your fall pieces are wonderful!!! Life is so much easier when we have good doctors for our pet babies. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great likes. Love your table runner and candle mat. I have a great vet for my furbabies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Rosemary, I'm still looking back at your Long Time Gone panels. What wonderful stitching! It will be magnificent and as you say, Jenn has a certain genius to how this all goes together. I have the small town pattern but haven't the nerve to begin. And wonderful likes...we too love our vet. I wash windows once a year and the patio door constantly! Doggy nose prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn! I really enjoy working on Jen Kingwell quilts. This is my second one. You should try Small Town. You may surprise yourself! My windows had lots of nose and paw prints. So glad I cleaned them!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...