Sunday, September 15, 2019

Long Time Gone Panels

No photo description available.

Here are all the blocks to make the quilt, Long Time Gone. When you see them all together, it looks a little nutty! It's all different blocks in all different sizes. However, I think there is a method to the genius of Jen Kingwell. 

No photo description available.

Here is Panel #1. The quilt top is made up of 6 panels. I love the very light grey strips. It looks great with any other color out there.

No photo description available.

Here's Panel #2. So far, so good! I always hold my breath and hope all the panels fit together properly. I'm working on Panel #3. I will sew Panels #2 and #3 together and then Panel #1 is sewn on top of them. Let's hope they fit! I always find it exciting to sew a quilt top together after making all the blocks. It's wonderful to see all  your hard work coming together.

10 comments:

  1. This will be just so beautiful Rosemary...lovely work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your quilt! This pattern is just waiting for me to start on. Thanks for the hope. I have a big tub of batik scraps that would be perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail! Batiks scraps would work great with this pattern. Send me a picture as you work on it!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous. What color gray is that? I had a time auditioning grays at one time to go with a quilt. I bet I purchased 20 different ones trying to match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! Funny you should ask about that gray fabric! I needed more of it so I went back to the quilt shop. There were so many different grays yet none matched the fabric I had! This gray is very, very light gray. It's almost white. I have no idea who made it.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful quilt and the gray is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I bought that gray when I first ordered the pattern. I almost forgot I had it!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous, gorgeous quilt!! I agree with your comments about the method of Jen Kingwell. Is this a hand quilter project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maureen! I will probably custom quilt it on the long arm. It will still take awhile but I would love to do some ruler work on it.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...