Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Disco is Done!

No photo description available.

Even though I'm busily working on my quilt Christmas gifts, I did manage to finish this quilt top! It's Disco by Jaybird Quilts. It measures about 62" X 80". I really love it! I found it challenging as I was sewing it together, but it all turned out fine!

No photo description available.

This is a close up so you can see the fabrics a little bit better. The fabrics are from Carolyn Friedlander. I bought this is a kit from Keepsake Quilting. I'm so sad that they're closing. I've signed up for their catalog a few times but never seem to get it. They will continue catalog sales. I used to love to visit them up in New Hampshire. I read their rent was going up and with sales decreasing, they just couldn't afford to stay open. So sad!

Off to work on my gifts! I'm almost done!


8 comments:

  1. This really came out beautifully--I love those C. Friedlander fabrics in there hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out nice. I went by there (connecting threads) with my parents this summer. The town I thought was very touristy so I can imagine the rent on their building was extremely high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I'll miss going there in the summer. It was a fun ride and nice area to visit.

      Delete
  3. It's gorgeous! I love your mix of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! They're not my usual colors but I love how this came out!

      Delete
  4. This has turned out beautifully! Such an interesting pattern appears just using the half hexagons.

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...