Wednesday, December 25, 2019

I Like Thursday #31

No photo description available.

Welcome to I Like Thursday! I'm actually a little early this week but since I'm usually late, I feel it all balances out! These were our stockings on Christmas morning. They are packed and so full! My dad made those for us. Of course, he made mine first. When I got married, he made one for Scott. And then, as each child was born, a new stocking was made. He's been gone for 2 1/2 years but he's still with us in many ways. 

Image may contain: dog

We got the cats some catnip toys. They went absolutely crazy! It was so fun to watch. They were rolling all over the place. I think the catnip put them in the Christmas spirit!

No photo description available.

My son got me this book. (I may have given him a hint!!) I can't wait to read this. It's a series of interviews and quilts that help answer why someone wants to cut up fabric and then sew it back together. It's not your typical quilt book. Sounds interesting!

Image may contain: cloud

My daughter always finds interesting gifts. I've never heard of Tea Drops. I guess it's liquid drops of tea that disperse in water. 

No photo description available.

Here are the easy instructions on the side of the box. I can't wait to try!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. I'm working at 6 tomorrow morning so I wanted to get this post done. I thought I'd share a few moments of my holiday with you. Please join LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for more fun and positive posts. One last time, Merry Christmas!

18 comments:

  1. Awe sweet likes. The stockings your dad made are so special. Looks like the cats enjoyed their gifts. I too have to be to work early! 3 AM. Have a safe day back at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I hope your early day wasn't too bad! Mine was fine.

      Delete
  2. Nice stockings from Dad. So special to have them. Look at those cats chillin.lol glad you had a nice Christmas. I am working early too.two Mondays this week.ugh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely felt like a Monday yesterday! I hope you had a great holiday!

      Delete
  3. Those stockings are lovely and such a wonderful momento from your Dad. That cats cracked me up playing with catnip! Have a safe and happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michele! I hope you had a nice Christmas too! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  4. Oh the ones who've gone ahead do stay with us in so many little ways--just lovely stockings full of memories;)))...great post hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Julierose! My dad's stockings will always remind us of him. Have a Happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. Those stockings are great. What a nice thing to have. Those kitties are cute - woohoo for catnip! Tea drops look interesting. Never heard of them either. Looks like you had a very merry Christmas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sally! We had a nice holiday. I tried the tea last night. It was delicious but I had to strain it. Still good!

      Delete
  6. Hi Rosemary! Your stockings brought a tear to my eyes - I just adore that a small piece of your Dad is so visible during a season when he really missed. It sounds like you had a fabulous holiday. {{Hugs}} I've never heard of tea drops!! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roseanne, thank you for being so sweet! I feel he started me on my quilting journey! Have a Happy New Year!

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful way to have your Dad still with you in spirit on Christmas, the stockings are lovely. Love to see the cats going into a frenzy with their new toys an d the book looks interesting - do post your thoughts after reading please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Maureen. We always think of my dad when we hang our stockings. I'll let you know how the book is! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  8. I think those stockings are so precious and more so as time goes by! What a talented man. So it is true about cats and catnip! Never heard of tea drops...always good to learn of something new and what a great book for a good read on a topic you love! Hope you get some time off now on the weekend to sit back and enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn! My father was a master tailor and he produced some beautiful work. His specialty was men's suits but he could sew anything. He was apprenticed to a master tailor when he was a young boy when he still lived in Italy. He loved to sew! I guess I got his genes! I'm off this weekend and hope to read that book! Have a Happy New Year!

      Delete
  9. love the stockings. I looked forward to stockings the most as a child. Full of little things, variety, tiny special things to play with or nibble on. I miss them now, as dh doesn't get the joy of finding little things for me. Next year I think I'll do stockings even if it's not a surprise for me, they'll look pretty and I'll know what to put in there! I've been very sick, so I apologize for being late to the post. Happy new year
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you're feeling better, LeeAnna. It's tough to be sick this time of year. Our stockings usually had chocolates in them when I was little. My husband always got small gifts in his stocking so we do a little bit of both with our family!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...