Thursday, December 12, 2019

I Like Thursday #29

Image may contain: christmas tree and plant

Welcome to I Like Thursday! It's so nice to post about things that are happy and positive. I hope you enjoy my post! First of all, our Christmas tree is up! This is our smaller tree so we try to use ornaments that the kids made over the years. We try to put bigger and bulkier ornaments around the bottom so the cats leave them alone! Most of the time, they just sit under the tree and enjoy the lights!

No photo description available.

Speaking of under the tree, I made this Christmas tree skirt many years ago! It was one of the first quilt projects I made. I bought all the fabric at Keepsake Quilting. I love using it every year.

No photo description available.

I went to my local quilt shop, Bits N Pieces. I bought a few stocking stuffers while I was there! These are ornaments made up of a themed Christmas stocking. I got a cat one for my daughter. I found a barbecue stocking for my husband, I couldn't find one that I thought my son would like. However, I saw a candy themed stocking and felt it should be fine for him.

No photo description available.

This is one of my favorite gifts I've received over the years. It's a sewing machine music box. The sewing machine moves up and down to the music! The treadle pedal moves also! I keep it in my sewing room. One of my best friends bought this for me. She knows me well!!

Those are my likes for this week! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to be inspired by more positive posts! Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Just a beautiful memory tree with all handmade ornaments...
    We are just doing table top trees this year...I have given most of our old family ornaments to my children through the years so they can decorate their own trees with memories...
    thanks for sharing hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did table top trees last year. Some years, it seems too busy to do everything! That's such a great sentiment to send the kids their own ornaments. I'll have to remember that!

      Delete
  2. I'm curious how my cat will do with the Christmas tree this year. We picked him up from the shelter just a year ago now, and he was fine with the tree last year. This year, he's much more comfy here, and much more curious. Might be interesting! I love your little music box; what a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! I've had cats in the past that would climb the tree but the cats I have now are much calmer. I hope your cat isn't too fresh!

      Delete
  3. What a terrific music box! I like your skinny tree - and I really like those mini stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tree skirt; Christmas is so much about memories. And what a unique gift of a sewing machine music box! Ideal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I do love bringing out my older ornaments. It can get a little sad sometimes but they're still nice memories.

      Delete
  5. Great likes! Your tree skirt is awesome!!! Never seen a sewing machine music box before, love it! Those mini stockings are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! So busy this time of year but so worth it!

      Delete
  6. Your tree is fun. A skirt is on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I love using that tree skirt year after year.

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...