Saturday, December 28, 2019

A Quilter's Christmas

Image may contain: shorts

We all know Christmas is the time to exchange gifts. I'm lucky enough to exchange gifts with some of my quilt friends. This picture shows all the lovely items given to me this Christmas by Dawn who blogs at Relaxing Robin. I met Dawn through our blogs. She made me a tree mug rug, which I'm already using! She also made my the nicest zippered pouch that included all these great gifts! I got tissues, needle holder, charm pack, lint remover and a cute sewing kit! How nice is Dawn?! Thank you so much! Quilting friends are the best!!

Image may contain: hat

I met Star years ago on line and we actually met in person. We always keep in touch through Facebook. Star knits, crochets and quilts. This year, she sent me this crocheted hat. It's so warm and fits me perfectly! I hear we're having another storm Monday and of course, I'm working. I'll be wearing this hat for sure! Thank you, Star!

No photo description available.

My favorite quilt magazine used to be Quilter's Newsletter Magazine. I was so sad when they stopped publishing. Years ago, they had a Pin Pal section. This was before email, the internet, etc. Well, I started writing to Sarah Cooper from England close to 25 years ago. And we're still writing to each other! We actually met in person back in 2001. We exchange gifts every Christmas. She gifted me tea, hand cream, cookies, chocolates and a lace knitting book. You can tell she knows me well! Thank you for my gifts as well as our ongoing friendship!

Social media has it's negative qualities which we all seem to hear about. But there are so many positive sides as well. I would never have met Dawn or Star without social media. Sarah and I still send actual letters to each other but will message each other on Facebook as well. It's a wonderful way of keeping in touch. 

10 comments:

  1. Don't you just love that pouch? I am going to put all my wool applique stuff in mine to do my first wool hand stitching..
    it's so wonderful meeting all these ladies isn't it? hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My quilt friends are the best! I'm so happy we all met each other!

      Delete
  2. Great gifts. Oh the Shetland Lace Knitting book looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I got some really great gifts. I hope you had a great holiday!

      Delete
  3. It is so nice to meet quilty and likeminded friends. Quilting and crafting ladies form bonds just like in history with quilting bees etc. We can support one another and technology has made that even easier. So glad to have "met" you girl.love your work and you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, you're so sweet! I'm so happy I can call you my friend!

      Delete
  4. I've been lucky to meet so many terrific mates by blogging that I can't bad mouth social media, I can control use of it but it's got it's good points like most things! You got some nice new supplies, and love this Christmas. Happy new year Rosemary, LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeeAnna! I hope you have a Happy New Year!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...