Thursday, February 6, 2020

I Like Thursday #37

Image may contain: indoor

I was so happy to be off today. It started off with a snowstorm but it really wasn't that bad. That's a good thing because I had a hair appointment at 9. As soon as it was over, I headed to the 10th Annual Fabric Blow Out Sale in Nashua, NH. There were 4 shops vending at this event. This picture gives you an idea of the set up. 

No photo description available.

Most vendors also had patterns, books, kits etc. I walked around for a little while. I like to buy fabrics at these sales for backings. Most fabrics were $5.99 per yard. One shop did have them cheaper at $5 per yard. 

No photo description available.

After wandering around aimlessly for awhile, I ended up buying 2 Aurifil threads and one pattern. Aurifil is my favorite thread for piecing as well as quilting. This pattern is by Jaybird Quilts whom I also love! I didn't buy any fabric. I was a little overwhelmed by all the choices. Nothing jumped out at me so I decided to hold off buying backings. 

Image may contain: sky, twilight, cloud, outdoor and nature

The weather wasn't the best today but the days are getting longer. I took this photo at 5:12PM! It was just getting dark. The colors were so beautiful that I had to run in and take a picture.!

That's it for me this week. Please go visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for more fun and positive posts. Have a wonderful weekend!

18 comments:

  1. Yes, I know what you mean about getting overwhelmed by all the choice. I even do that with some of the online sites. There's just so darn much to see! The days are definitely getting longer here too, very noticeably so. And how we welcome it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you know how I feel! The fabric isn't organized by color. They're sort of just thrown there. I didn't see anything that grabbed me. It's best to walk away sometimes!

      Delete
  2. Ooh - sounds like fun! Ah - a little sun after 5pm. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Rosemary! That is a pretty cool sale. You were using your noggin if you didn't see any fabric that interested you to not buy any. I have been noticing the daylight sticking around longer each day. Of course, we'll just get used to it and then daylight savings time will kick in. Happy Friday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I have so much fabric I didn't want to add to it for no reason. I love that the days are getting longer. If only it would warm up!!

      Delete
  4. Looks like fun shopping. Cute pattern, and I love aurifil thread. I noticed that the days are getting longer too. When it isn't snowing or overcast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! It was fun shopping even though I didn't buy a whole lot.

      Delete
  5. I know exactly what you mean by being overwhelmed by fabric. You made the right choice. I recently switched to Aurifil thread and love it! I've noticed the days getting longer, the sun is up earlier too!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping some fabric would catch my eye buy nothing really did. I thought I'd save my money and not add to my stash. It was fun anyways! I love the longer days.

      Delete
  6. I also get overwhelmed when there are so many fabrics for sale- I can never remember what I need! Well done on that sunset photo. Aurifil is all I use .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did write the amounts of fabric I should buy if I saw something I liked. I forget too! It's overload! Aurifil is the best!

      Delete
  7. Our sunsets have been looking like yours lately. I'm in California. I've wondered whether a sunset on a given day is similar everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of likes. I envy your restraint in purchasing. I would have had my plastic card smokin and my getaway car revved and ready to boogie lol. Yes the later sunsets have been beautiful. I am a farmgirl so my body is very intune with the sunrises and sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was ready to buy but just didn't see anything I wanted. Plus, my stash is big enough! I'm so happy are days are getting longer. So depressing when it's dark and hardly any sun.

      Delete
  9. I get overwhelmed too at some sales. I like your pattern ribbon candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! I thought that was a cute pattern. I only buy fabric if it catches my eye. If nothing does, I would rather not buy it.

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...