Thursday, February 27, 2020

I Like Thursday #40

No photo description available.

Welcome to my version of I Love Thursday! I'm pleased to announce Disco is finished and off the longarm. I love the texture of the quilting. When you decide your quilting design, you're never 100% sure of the end result. I'm so happy with this look! I love the different textures playing over the surface of the quilt. I truly believe quilting makes the quilt! Of course, the actual quilt pattern is important too! That's why we all spend so much time putting our quilt tops together.

No photo description available.

This is my shawl so far. I'm up to 4 repeats. 

No photo description available.

Here's a better look at the pattern. It's not the shawl on the cover of the book. I think I have to work up to that one. This one is called Nacarat.

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

This is a picture of Nacarat from the book, Curls. So pretty!!

Image may contain: plant and flower

My mother gave me this little plant for Valentine's Day. It's a miracle it's still alive! I'm not too good with plants, indoors or out!

No photo description available.

I couldn't find Molly. She was hiding in the cubby in the cat tree! Such a silly girl! 

Thanks for visiting I Like Thursday! Head on over to Not Afraid of Color where LeeAnna hosts more I Like Thursday posts. See you next time!

21 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary! Your Disco quilt is just beautiful. I would love to be able to touch it - the texture is just marvelous even through the computer screen. Molly looks so sweet, hiding in the cubby. She looks slightly miffed that you found her hiding. Your Gerber daisy looks quite happy on the windowsill. I've actually wintered those, planted them the following summer and had blooms that next summer. I love trying to keep plants alive and healthy longer than one season. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I think Molly didn't want to be found! She lives hiding from us. I didn't know I could plant the daisies outdoors. I would love to do that. So glad you like my quilting!

      Delete
  2. Your disco came out so lovely...your quilting is gorgeous...
    Molly looks like she's right at home in there;))) Cats can be so funny and cute...
    that shawl is gorgeous and I like the curly point too..Hugs, julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! Molly has been sleeping on Disco while it was on the longarm. I think she had to find a new place to nap! Fresh girl!!

      Delete
  3. Your shawl is going to be beautiful! I've been thinking about starting a knitting project, haven't done any knitting in years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanne! This book is weird since you can you use any weight yarn and any size needles. I hope mine comes out okay!

      Delete
  4. Disco is fabulous. I am in awe of your shawl. Knitting is not something I learned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! My mother taught me the basic garter stitch when I was very young. She doesn't knit at all. She only knew that one stitch. I guess that's all I needed to start with!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful work on quilting and knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that quilting on Disco is like little works of art. So pretty. I also love your knitting...talented lady! And your Gerbera looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Disco is very pretty! I can't quilt as beautifully as that, but I sure like looking at it. I used to have plants indoors, but Wilbs likes to eat them. Molly is cute hiding in her little cubby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Wendy! Plants can be tricky when you have pets. I've found roses all over the house!

      Delete
  8. Your disco is beautiful and that scarf.wow. molly is so adorable playing hide and seek.i used to be good at plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I hope I can keep this plant alive! I always forget about to water!

      Delete
  9. Rosemary! The disco quilt is fab! Just love the quilting and the whole layout. Love the color of your new shawl, so pretty and will go with everything. Molly is adorable! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our cat's name is Molly, too. :-) Love your shawl design and colors. Bold and dainty at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie! Molly is a nice name for a cat! I heard it means female cat?! Not sure how true that is!

      Delete
  11. Thank you for the nice comment and for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...