Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Look What I Got!

No photo description available.

I was so excited to get this in the mail! I have the pattern to make Victoria Findlay Wolfe's Star Storm Quilt pattern. However, she had a kit made up of some of her older fabrics that were just reprinted. I had to have it! I was planning to use my stash but couldn't resist these fabrics. The colors are so rich and vibrant. The photograph doesn't convey how gorgeous these fabrics really are. I also got that little note in my order. I will enjoy!!

No photo description available.

I also got this Curve Braid Strip ruler to make a Cascade quilt. 

No photo description available.

This is a picture from her website that shows the Cascade quilt. That would be a great stash buster! I have her book, Modern Quilt Magic, with the pattern and directions. I'm still finishing up my two projects but I'm looking ahead and love what I'll be working on! Too bad I have to work and time is always an issue! 

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous array of fabrics!! Just beautiful;))) and that pattern will be lovely..enjoy hugs, JUlierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I can't wait to play! I'll be good and finish my projects first!

      Delete
  2. The Cascade Quilt is lovely. It will be a good challenge with all those curved seams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! It's been so long since I've seen you! Hope all is well!

      Delete
  3. Looks like fun happening soon at your house

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fabrics, and the Cascade quilt looks lovely. Can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your comment about scraps being ideal for Cascade, I too have the template but so far it still sits in the drawer. I shall look forward to seeing your Star Storm quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maureen! It will be a little while before I get to them. I want to finish the 2 projects I'm currently working on. I'm so close to being done!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...