Thursday, February 20, 2020

I Like Thursday #39

Image may contain: food

Welcome to I Like Thursday! We had a birthday party for my son this past weekend. My daughter made him his cake! She made it from scratch. She added all the candy he likes as decorations. The frosting between the layers was mixed with Oreo Cookies. It was good but so filling and so sweet!

Image may contain: one or more people and text

I need a hand project now that my applique wall hanging is done. I haven't knit in awhile but I've chosen a shawl/wrap from this book. I only have a very small piece done. I'll post it next week if I make good progress. There are many increases/decreases and I'm hoping I'm doing them correctly!

No photo description available.

I just got this sugar bowl. Isn't it so cute!? I just couldn't resist!

No photo description available.

I  like what I'm seeing in this picture! I'm almost done quilting my Disco Quilt! It's always exciting to see the end in sight. I feel that quilting this quilt went by so fast.  Once I figured out what to do, it seems to have just zipped by!

That's it for my likes this week. Please join LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for more fun and positive posts! 

14 comments:

  1. Lovely cake--yum!!that shawl is lovely...lots of counting in there I'll bet...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! Yes, this knitting pattern is very slow! Lots of counting and making sure I didn't leave out something.

      Delete
  2. Hi Rosemary! Oh, that birthday cake is so pretty! My little guy Dominic would have big huge wide eyes seeing it. He gets an "M" when he goes potty so he would run to the bathroom and then say "M"?! That sugar bowl is so darn cute, and a big YAY to almost being finished quilting Disco quilt. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Roseanne! So glad you liked me post!

      Delete
  3. Oh my that cake looks delish. Tell your daughter my birthday is coming up if she wants to bake me a cake Lol your sugar bowl is so adorable. Love it. You do the neatest knit projects. I can make a scarf, thats about it ha ha. Great likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I love to knit anything that's lace but it's so frustrating sometimes! You have to count and make sure you didn't drop a stitch. I'm not sure why I do it but I like it! Makes me sound nutty!!

      Delete
  4. LOL. Love that sugar bowl. That cake looks awesome. What a creative way to decorate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cake looks yummy. The knitting looks like it would be neat, but I am not a knitter, unfortunately. Cute sugar bowl, and yay for Disco almost being finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, yummy-looking cake! I can tell that a sliver would be plenty, though. Your sugar bowl is adorable! Hope you enjoy knitting the shawl - it's really a pretty design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sugar bowl is so cute! Can't wait to see the disco quilt! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. squee! That sugar bowl and cake both! Adorbs. I like the shawl idea, I need to knit again too. Disco quilt is just so cool

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...