Monday, February 17, 2020

Two Almost Finishes!

No photo description available.

I have finally finished all the blocks for Carolina Chain and started the layout phase! This quilt finishes at 77" X 80" approximately. It was a little difficult to make sure I was putting the correct block in the proper orientation. This picture is the best I could do to try to fit in the entire quilt. I'm sure I'll notice some problem after I put the quilt together! It always works out that way for me!

Image may contain: indoor

I usually lay out my quilts in the foyer but I could see I was going to run out of room quickly. I finally had to move to my family room. The only problem with the family room is the cats love it in there and they will love to play with my blocks! So far, they've left it alone. I'm going to pin it into rows soon so the cats can't screw up my order.

Image may contain: flower

I finally finished this little wall hanging. It took me awhile because I used hand applique to finish it. It's from American Quilter September 2019. It will finish at 18"X 24". It was designed by Karla Kiefner. I'm still trying to figure out how to quilt it. I may just outline each flower and free motion quilt the background. It was a fun little project to make. I usually don't make wall hangings but this was too cute to pass up!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely pieces--I love that little mini flower piece....
    great work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb Carolina Chain!! What is the size of the individual blocks please?
    Sweet little basket of flowers and I think your idea for the quilting would work so well, as it's a wall hanging it's not likely to need to go in the wash so just outlining the flowers should work but you could always put a few little quilting stitches here and there in the flower centres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maureen! The blocks are 5 inches square. I think stitching in the center of the flowers is a great idea. Thanks for the advice!

      Delete
    2. Actually, Maureen, I'm not sure I gave you the right answer. The small blocks are 5 inches square and I sew 4 together to make a block that is 9.5 inches square. I think that's a better answer!

      Delete
  3. Oh I love your Carolina Chain and all the secondary patterns you see in it. Great small piece too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! It's been fun working on these projects but I've already got new ones planned! I'll be sewing Carolina Chain together soon!

      Delete
  4. Your Carolina Chain looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I'm going to start sewing it together! I can't wait!

      Delete
  5. Oh your Carolina chain is so awesome. Love it.
    Hmmm wonder how it would look in shades of a same color. I may need to find out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I think that's an interesting idea! Try it out!!

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness-that Carolina Chain looks so difficult. Love that flower basket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary!I've started sewing the rows together. It's very slow. So many seams to match!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...