Thursday, May 7, 2020

I Like Thursday #50

Image may contain: flower, plant, outdoor and nature

Welcome to I Like Thursday where you can read some positive and upbeat posts. This past Sunday was close to 80 degrees. As you can see, our lilacs loved the warmth!

Image may contain: plant, tree, flower, outdoor and nature

Our neighbors tree looked so pretty. My allergies were bothering me so I guess it's that time of year. It's supposed to rain for the next few days so hopefully, my allergies will calm down.

 Image may contain: night, sky, tree and outdoor

The moon was lighting up my bedroom last night. I tried to take a picture. You can sort of see the trees behind my house. 

No photo description available.

I usually get my mother a box of Russell Stover chocolates for Mother's Day. I also ordered her a few books since the library is closed. When I went to the drugstore, I couldn't find one box of Russell Stover's. I found this bag of Dove chocolates and bought this instead. I hope her books get here in time. I'm afraid Mother's Day is going to be like Easter. The holidays during the time of coronavirus aren't the best! Let's just hope things improve soon!

Go visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for more happy and fun posts! Have a wonderful week and Happy Mother's Day!

14 comments:

  1. I actually love Russell Stover chocolates...Walmart introduced that brand to Canada. I too have something in the spring garden that makes my mild allergies wake up. Thankfully it is short lived. Our lilac tree has budded so is far behind you. But yay to spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she likes the Dove chocolates. I like them! We have a little pond in the woods behind my house and it is full of green stuff that's accumulated on the surface. I hope that goes away soon!

      Delete
  2. Russell Stover is my favorite--there are none to be had
    here either...;000 Holidays are certainly on hold right now...
    Stay safe ~ ~ ~ waving in the sun Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if they're having trouble transporting their chocolates?! Oh well, we'll just do the best we can! It was a nice day today! I was surprised! I hope you enjoyed the sun!

      Delete
  3. Hi Rosemary! OMG - those lilacs are just gorgeous. I can just smell them through the computer screen. Wasn't that a bright moon last night?!! We had clear skies - my bathroom was lit up like I had turned on the overhead lights. That springtime mix of Dove chocolates looks delicious. While you can't celebrate the holidays as before the love is still the same or deeper. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lilacs are blooming, mine are contemplating it. Pretty pink tree. Yep allergies are acting up big time. Always start my morning.....stuffed up, coughing, can't breathe, then my drama queen moment....OMG I hope I don't have Corona. Then I get ready for work and go about my day. By about 7 I am clear, and feel fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I get a sniffle or cough, I suddenly wonder if I have coronavirus! So far, so good! Stay healthy!

      Delete
  5. Oh, wow, you have lilacs already?? Ours have just budded - I expect flowers are still weeks away. Mmmm... Dove. Lucky mother! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still waiting for the warm weather to get here and stay!

      Delete
  6. Your lilacs are beautiful. I can smell tgem from here. Ahhhh.....i planted s new tree in the front and see little buds. So excited.the tree guys took mine down in back last year i was not happy. Happy Mothers Day to Mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I hope you had a nice Mother's Day!

      Delete
  7. the moon has been astonishing! Did you realize on May 16 the moon, venus and jupiter will aline to make a smiley face?
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look for that, LeeAnna! Maybe I'll take another picture!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...