Thursday, May 14, 2020

I Like Thursday #51

No photo description available.

Since it's Thursday, it's time for I Like Thursday! You can read more happy and uplifting posts if you go visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color. I've made 4 Scrappy Pineapple Blocks. I love making this block! I'm using my scraps and this block is one of my all time favorites. I love the movement from the color placement. I've started on working at 2 blocks at a time. It seems to work out better that way. 

Image may contain: plant, flower, outdoor and nature

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day. My son and girlfriend brought me this nice planter. It's out on my deck. I brought it in due to the wind and low temperatures in the mornings. It's warmer today so it's outside again. I'm still waiting for the nice weather. Where is it??

Image may contain: flower, plant and indoor

My husband got me roses and chocolates. No chocolates to show, they're already gone! Haha! My daughter ordered me a sock knitting book that we're still waiting to receive. I don't mind waiting!

Image may contain: text

I'm still staying in the house most of the time. I did have an appointment with the eye doctor on Tuesday and went to the grocery store Wednesday. I started reading this book Monday and cannot put it down! I heard there's a miniseries on HBO but I cancelled HBO a long time ago. I'm about halfway through and am really enjoying it. 

That's my week in a nutshell! I hope our weather warms up a bit. I wish you all a great week!

10 comments:

  1. Love your quilt blocks and your flowers are pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I'm working the next few days so no sewing for a little bit.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful quilt blocks! Your flowers are lovely too! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty flowers. I really liked the quilting you did on Long Time Gone. Have you read Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King? It is also quite good. Love these pineapple blocks...they look so complicated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn! The Pineapple blocks are easier than they look! The ruler does all the work!

      Delete
  4. The planter is so pretty! I see so many fun planters with different plants and textures and heights on gardening blogs, and then I wind up just shoving a bunch of petunias in a pot. But at least they're colorful! I love your pineapple blocks, rainbow colors are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shannon! I'm not very good with plants. We'll see how long this one lasts!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous planter, and roses. Love your pineapple blocks. Stephen King, love the stories, but man the books are a tough read for me, too much detail, but it is all important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I have to be in the right mood to tackle a Stephen King book. They can be quite long and addicting!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...