Monday, May 4, 2020

Star Storm Quilt Top

Image may contain: indoor

It's done! I can't believe I finished it! The directions were very detailed but a small part of me was wondering if I was following them correctly. I guess I did! It really does measure correctly at 80" X 80". I now have 4 quilt tops to quilt. I will be loading Long Time Gone this week. I ironed the quilt top as well as the backing this morning. I'll be custom quilting that one!

No photo description available.

I've been hand sewing the binding on Carolina Chain. I love how this is finishing up. It's nice and flat and the amount of quilting has made it softer.

No photo description available.

I made 3 labels to sew onto my latest finished projects. It's such a nice feeling to finish these quilts!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 3 beautiful finishes...That Star piece is beautiful--I love that turquoise fabric with the roses on it...
    Nice work ~ ~ ~ waving from my recliner Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! That's one of Victoria's most popular fabrics. That's why I had to buy that kit!!

      Delete
  2. So impressed with your star storm top! WOW WOW WOW! I love your Carolina Chain quilt too! So pretty! And love your labels! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on a quilting roll. Beautiful finishes. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice finish. Looking at the star quilt it is hard to believe it is 80 inches but it is awesome. Nice finish with Carolina chain too, I like the binding color. Yay for using what you had on hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I was happy to be able to use fabric I've had hanging around for awhile. So nice to use it up!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on a finished top with Star Storm, it's stunning and I can't wait to make a start on my Mini Star Storm, it will be towards the end of the year though!

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...