Tuesday, May 19, 2020

More Machine Quilting!


I was so looking forward to being off today but I woke up with a headache. I was afraid I'd waste the day away. After eating a good lunch with a little Motrin, my headache went away and I could get to my longarm! Long Time Gone has some very odd shaped blocks. This is the top half of the Plus Sign block. I got almost half done. It's framed by ribbon candy.


This is the Jacob's Ladder block. I added curves to the darker squares and quilted wishbones to the larger pieces. Quilting in the ditch is still so hard to keep straight! I seem to be getting better at it and then the next time I quilt, it looks worse! I'll just have to keep at it!


These Churn Dash blocks measure 3 inches square! I quilted loops around the outside of the block. I alternated pebbles with arcs for the centers. These are too small!!


Courthouse steps weren't too bad. I quilted loops as well as a nice line down the middle of the lighter strips. I just outlined the darker strips.

It's coming along, slowly but surely! Our state is out of lockdown but I don't plan on going out just yet. I'm going to give it a little time. The hospital is calming down. I think we'll be able to start elective surgery soon. I just want a little normalcy for now. 

8 comments:

  1. Your quilting looks lovely--
    Tomorrow our lockdown opens up--but we won't be
    venturing out this early either--want to see what happens...
    Stay safe Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I'm not comfortable going out yet. I'm afraid we'll see a spike in new cases. I hope it doesn't happen but I'd rather be safe than sorry!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the close up photos...small blocks and perfect stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn. Don't look too closely! It's not that perfect!

      Delete
  3. Your quilting looks beautiful. Yeah I hear ya about going out and about. I think our state is in for issues. I didnt see our numbers coming down much. I see people out no masks, close together. Recipe for disaster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I feel we're still getting high numbers of new cawes. I'm staying home!!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful detailed quilting for Long Time Gone, you must have lots of patience!

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...