Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Long Time Gone Quilting

No photo description available.

I decided to start quilting Long Time Gone. I'm going to take my time with this one. There are so many different types of blocks. I'll decide what to do as I advance through the quilt. This braided border is very stretchy. Too many bias edges! I stitched in the ditch and then quilted 2 straight lines about half an inch apart. It made the border so much more stable! I like the nice clean look. I decided to try this on a whim and it worked out!

Image may contain: 1 person

This is just a close up of the border.

No photo description available.

I quilted a small ribbon candy in the sashing.The sashing is about one inch wide. I had to be very careful while quilting it!


I quilted arcs around the sides of the darker triangles. I tried quilting something in the lighter triangle but I didn't like how it looked. After quilting 4 of them, I decided to rip it out and leave it alone! I guess my whims don't always work out! Sometimes, less is better!

That's as far as I've gone with this quilt. I'm looking forward to working on it soon! I'm off for a few days but I have an eye doctor appointment later on this morning.I doubt I'll do much after having my eyes dilated. Maybe, tomorrow?!

8 comments:

  1. You do such lovely quilting--I love the sashing pattern you are using...nice work ~ ~ ~ waving Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! Watch out for that wind!!

      Delete
  2. Bet this will be fun with the quilting! I'm looking forward to seeing the progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maureen! Lots of decisions as I go along!

      Delete
  3. Yes, love the straight lines. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...