Monday, November 9, 2020

Fun Projects


I had quite a busy day at work today. To top it off, I had a headache for most of the day. I came home and tried to rest a little. Unfortunately, I had laundry and housework to do but I do feel better. I thought I'd show you what I've been working on. I started machine quilting a Christmas gift. I can only show a small portion of it since it's a gift.  It's coming out good so far. It feels good to be using rulers again with some free motion quilting. 

I'm really getting the hang of Brioche Knitting. I'm working on the body of the scarf now which is pretty easy. It's great practice with the basic Brioche stitch. I love the i-cord edge at the bottom as well as the edges. It's a really nice finished look. Susanne Sommer wrote this pattern. She has many video tutorials and patterns available if you're interested. This pattern is a freebie on Ravelry.



 

4 comments:

  1. Your quilt is coming along nicely. Love your knitting, it is so interesting, but I have to ask why is it called Brioche?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! It's called Brioche because the knitting makes for a very thick and cushy product much like a brioche roll! I wish you could feel it. It's very thick and plush.

      Delete
  2. Nice scarf and your quilting is always superb

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...