Thursday, November 26, 2020

I Like Thursday #79


 Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so happy to be off. The turkey is cooking and all the sides are in the process of getting done. We'll have a very small gathering this year. Just my mom and immediate family will be here. My husband brought N95 masks from work. I don't want my mom getting sick. We won't all be eating at the table together. We're splitting up to keep exposure low. 


This was sort of a quiet week. I did take the cats to the vet. Here they are in the back seat of my car. I wish you could hear them! They were none too happy and loved letting me know about it! They were much quieter on the way home. I think they were tuckered out!


Since I'm on a Brioche knitting kick, I found this gorgeous shawl pattern. Isn't it so pretty?? This just might be my next project after a pair of socks I promised to someone. Too many nice projects out there! 


This seems to be the talk of the neighborhood! Our neighbor had this delivered to his house yesterday. We received multiple texts asking what might our neighbor be up to!! Especially the day before Thanksgiving! I'm keeping an eye out to see what's going on!

That's my week! Nothing exciting and I'm fine with that! Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read more happy and inspiring posts. Enjoy your Thanksgiving but stay safe!!

16 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving--so nice that you could see your Mom safely...
    we just have finished our meal and it was so good...We are so grateful to not be sick and to be able to enjoy a great meal and each other's company...hugs from afar Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you had a nice holiday! I was so tired by the end of the day. All that cooking takes a toll!

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your special day and meal! Yes, there are just so many tempting projects out there. All inspiring us and I so do like the looking. What on earth is that machine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn! We figured out what that machine was for! He's putting up Christmas decorations! I would never have guessed!

      Delete
  3. I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving, and solved the problem of just what your neighbour is doing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we had a nice holiday. Maureen, he's putting up Christmas lights on his trees! I would never have guessed!

      Delete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, hope it was great. Wow that shawl will be gorgeous. Hmmm the truck. What is fun, my husband would bring stuff like that home to work on the house. The little boys loved it. He would take them up, and the most timid boy asked to go as high as the truck would take him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a nice holiday! My son would have loved that truck when he was little too! I found my neighbor using that truck to put up Christmas lights. Go figure!!

      Delete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! Gorgeous work on that shawl of yours! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! Hope you had a nice holiday!

      Delete
  6. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Interesting approach to eating - that makes a lot of sense. I can just imagine how vocal your kitties were! And I love your knitting. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! We had a nice holiday and hope you did too!

      Delete
  7. Glad you were off thanksgiving. I enjoyed my 4 day weekend. I was going to say he was cutting trees lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was off the holiday but it got pretty busy when I went to work Saturday and Monday. Hospital is filling up again. Not looking forward to this.

      Delete
  8. sounded like you were trying to keep safe. That knitting looks gorgeous and maybe beyond my ability.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! The knitting is so much easier than you think! You'd be surprised!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...