Tuesday, December 1, 2020

More Gifts


I hope you all had a nice holiday. I had a great holiday but was so busy at work Saturday and Monday. I'm calming myself by sewing! I have 2 rows put together of my Pineapple Quilt. The third row is sewn together but needs to be sewn to this piece. I just love watching the pattern emerge.


I noticed my son's girlfriend likes to knit but doesn't have a nice tote bag to carry her projects. My son says she likes yellow. I know she likes Kaffe Fassett fabrics so I went to my (too big) fabric stash and found these 3 fabrics. The yellow is just a solid from my solids drawer.


Here's the tote bag so far! This is just the top that needs to be quilted. I thought I was done with Christmas gifts but I guess I can make one more. I'm hoping to finish this tote bag this week. 

How are your gifts coming along??



 

13 comments:

  1. so far pretty good; I packaged everything for mailing tomorrow...
    and wrote cards out...
    Yesterday's storm took out power all over Town here...we just got our internet back...still windy tonight...
    I like how your pineapples are coming together...
    i still haven't decided what colors to use in mine...scrappy or controlled...my mojo has kind of flown away...
    Hope all is well with you hugs from afar Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost done with my Christmas gifts but I always end up adding more! I really love how the Pineapple Quilt looks so far. It's amazing those are just scraps. That storm was pretty bad Monday. We didn't lose power but a few times the lights flickered. Stay well!!

      Delete
  2. I think home made gifts are a not a thing for me this year. Too many days working, too many hours. Great start to the bag, and love your pineapple quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I've had some years when I haven't made anything. You do what you can. The holidays are hectic enough!

      Delete
  3. I think that is very thoughtful gift to make for your son's girlfriend! I love your pineapples! Have a great week and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! I hope all is well with you!

      Delete
  4. Your pineapples are beautiful! It is fun to see the quilt emerge. The knitting bag top is lovely too. A very sweet gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goes without saying that I love the KF fabrics you chose for the bag, beautiful with the strip of yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maureen! I have the pieces all cut and ready to quilt. I'm hoping to get them quilted tomorrow.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing, I like this blog!
    Edith Malaterre
    cheapest printer ink

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm having a small issue I cannot make my reader pick up your rss feed, I'm using google reader by the way.
    Please message me with a few tips about how you made this website look this good, Id be thankful.
    cheapest printer ink

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thought I would comment and say cool theme, did you code it on your own? It looks really good!
    Eldon Bilder
    scholl athletes foot spray 150ml

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...