Wednesday, December 30, 2020

I Like Thursday #84 Happy New Year!

 

Welcome to I Love Thursday! A group of us bloggers try to post positive and uplifting posts every Thursday. LeeAnna, our proud leader, has more fun posts you can read at her blog, Not Afraid of Color. Go visit and check them out!! I started a new knitting project. I wanted to use my new book, 52 Weeks of Socks by Laine. This pattern is called Gerste. I thought the yarn would be a nice color to wear under jeans and the pattern looks fitting as well. So far, so good! I'm not used to toe up socks. I usually prefer cuff down but it's nice to work outside my comfort zone. 

I tired to enlarge this photo but I'm not sure it did much good. If you look closely, you can see a deer decided to hang out on our front walkway and nibble on our bushes. This was right after our last storm. It was a little surprising to see him out there so close to the house. Hope our shrubs are still alive!


I received a Christmas package from Dawn who blogs at Relaxing Robin. She always sends the best gifts! The angel ornament is so pretty and so delicate! She also made me another ornament made up of pearls. I got clips, holiday pins and kitchen towel. She's always so thoughtful and sends the best presents!


I got the call this afternoon. I scheduled an appointment to receive the Covid vaccine. I'm so excited! The hospital has been a bit scary lately. The number of Covid patients has been increasing. Some of the staff has tested positive. I will feel better once I get both doses but I'm finally on my way!

I wish you all a Happy New Year! Let's hope 2021 will be better than 2020!!




10 comments:

  1. Cute socks. Dawn always sends awesome gifts. You provided a deer buffet during inclement weather. Hooray you get the vaccine! I was pretty impressed to see that the elders in my tribe were receiving the vaccine already, followed by those that worked at the community clinic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I wish the vaccine was being administered a little faster. The process seems slow and bogged down but maybe they'll figure it out and get quicker. Happy New Year!!

      Delete
  2. We haven't heard anything about we elders getting vaccine as yet...glad to hear you are getting your 1st dose...
    HAPPY NEW YEAR stay healthy and safe
    Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it varies between states. In Massachusetts, the next phase includes people 75 years old and up. I'm not sure when that will start since nursing homes are next. My mom would like her vaccine too. I hope it's soon. Have a Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Hi Rosemary! Your sock looks wonderful! I wish I could knit like that. So glad your number came up for the vaccine. The hospitals are a very scary place these days. You'll have to let us know how you feel after receiving the first dose. {{Hugs}} Happy New Year! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I'm looking forward to getting the vaccine but also a little nervous! Have a Happy New Year!

      Delete
  4. The knitting is pretty! I see the deer - this snow storm seemed to bring them out - a number of my friends sent me photos. I had wondered where you'd be for the vaccine. Yay! That's exciting! I've signed up, but know I'll be way down on the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sally! As much as I want the vaccine, I'm still a little nervous to get it. I signed up as soon as I got the e-mail. I hope you get yours soon. Have a Happy New Year!!

      Delete
  5. Love your socks. I have them on my todo list. I have never made socks. Your hungry deer friend found a buffet at your house. They come close to our house too. One day 3 in driveway i had to beep ro get in. They wouldnt move! Lol happy new year and glad you can get immunity for covid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dawn! Hope the new year is better for all of us!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...