Tuesday, January 5, 2021

New Project

 


I tried not to join any Blocks of the Month or any Quilt Alongs, but I wasn't successful! I received a membership to The Quilt Show for Christmas. They have an amazing BOM that just started January 1. They're using mostly solid fabrics which I have a great supply in my stash. I bought a background and started making this month's blocks. I have to make 16 houses. I made 5 of House 1 which you can see in the picture. The method being used is similar to paper piecing but uses freezer paper instead. You don't sew through the freezer paper so you can use it over and over again. It wasn't too hard to figure out. 


Here's a picture of the BOM when completed. I didn't like the busy background so I bought the polka dot fabric instead. The busy background was supposed to remind you of the hustle and bustle of a city. This quilt is so different that I just couldn't resist! I'm not sure how difficult this quilt is going to get but I'm willing to try!


I've been knitting away on my sock. I'm already starting the heel. The knit stitch reminds me of basket weave! I love being able to knit while I watch television. I don't feel quite as guilty!

Did you start any new projects? I'd love to see them!

8 comments:

  1. I am doing the same Block of the Month but havent started making the houses yet but hopefully will do that this weekend. Your houses and the background look great. I chose a white background with small black stars..the busy background was not to my liking either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear from you! It's nice to find someone else working on the same project. Your background fabric sounds much nicer. I hope we can help each other if we ever run into a problem with the pattern. Keep me in mind!

      Delete
  2. WOW that really looks complicated--but I'll bet it will be lovely with your background...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already mixed up the patterns between House 1 and House 2. I think it's all fixed!

      Delete
  3. Fun house blocks. Looks like an interesting quilt. Love your socks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I joined the quilt show and need to get started on that house quilt. Love the sock stitch.... write and tell me the pattern please!LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! LeeAnna, try not to mix up the 2 house blocks. I did and had to fix them this morning. The socks are called Gerste from Laine's 52 Weeks of Socks.

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...