Tuesday, January 19, 2021

More Sock Knitting

Things are very quiet over here. I'm debating whether I should start a new project. However, I've continued knitting my sock. I'm used to knitting from the cuff down to the toe but this sock was knit toe up. It doesn't really make a huge difference. The end result is the same. I did learn a new technique. I used German short rows to make the heel. I wasn't sure how it would work out. This technique does result in a nice finish for the heel. There are no holes that you see sometimes when working increases or decreases.

I'm still practicing on the longarm but I'm getting my friend's antique quilt top ready to load. I washed the backing today. It's so bright and cheerful! I think it will look so nice as the backing to the Dresden Plate. I still have to iron the Dresden Plate before starting to quilt it. Unfortunately, I've been working every other day. I can't seem to get a block of days off to really get anything accomplished. Maybe next week!! Retirement sounds better every day!


5 comments:

  1. Very pretty sock color!! I like how that heel came out...really neat!!
    Retirement is so wonderful...I highly recommend it;)))
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I would retire right now if I had health insurance. I'm basically working pay for it. There was talk that Biden would lower the age for Medicare but I haven't heard much about it lately. Too many other pressing issues.

      Delete
  2. That is a cute sock (pattern?) and I like the heel as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheree! This is the Gerste pattern from 52 Weeks of Socks by Laine. So many great sock patterns in that book!

      Delete
  3. Person alisierte socken This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs…

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...