Sunday, January 10, 2021

Color my World BOM


 I finished January's installment of the Color My World BOM from The Quilt Show. These blocks weren't too hard. I had to fix a few blocks when I used the bottom half with the wrong top half. UGH! I'll definitely be more careful next time! It all worked out fine in the end. We're using freezer paper but not sewing through the actual paper. The seam lines are folded and that fold is your sewing line. It's similar to paper piecing but the block is not attached to the paper. You just peel the freezer paper off and use it for your next block. I used one freezer paper pattern for 8 blocks. 

I bought these "tattoos" for my longarm last month. I finally got around to applying them. I think my longarm looks so nice!

Here's the other side. Isn't she pretty?? I loaded some fabric so I can practice some quilt motifs before I start quilting my friend's antique quilt top. I haven't used the machine in awhile and feel the practice will help me start her quilt better right from the start.

6 comments:

  1. Your houses are so cute. I haven't started yet because I am waiting for printer ink to arrive in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The houses took less time than I expected.

      Delete
  2. Cute houses and live the machine tattoos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I was surprised at how easy they were to attach to the machine.

      Delete
  3. I was tempted to join in on the Color My World - love the pattern! Glad it's working for you. Nice tatts for your machine!

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...