Thursday, January 21, 2021

I Like Thursday #87

It's time for I Like Thursday! Please join LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read more fun and positive posts. I always put this little wall hanging on my front door after Christmas. I felt it had more meaning this year. It reminded me that the inauguration was taking place and that we have a new president. I'm so glad everything worked out as scheduled without any violence. Such a relief!

I attended an online continuing education Tuesday night. We heard a lot of information on different anti-wrinkle products on the market. The bottom line was that the only thing that really works are retinols and moisturizer. I went to Sephora and bought this for $9.99. I still use a pricy cream but would like to use this and see what happens. 

I bought these cute little towels for my first floor bathroom. So cute for Valentine's Day!




I received a fun package from American Quilter's Society. I got a $20 gift certificate when I extended my membership for another year. They used to send a catalog along with the magazine. It hasn't come lately. When I went online, they only had limited stock. I found these 3 items and used my gift certificate. I hope they still intend to sell merchandise. I did hear they were not going to publish anymore books.  They always had fun stuff and great fabric.

That's my week! I hope all is well with you. Enjoy the weekend!

12 comments:

  1. I’m curious as to how you hang your little flag quilt? A command hook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sewed a dowel onto the back. It hangs great on the hook I have on my door that I usually use for wreaths.

      Delete
  2. Great likes
    Love your little flag quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! It's from an old book, Little Quilts All Through the House. It's one of my first quilt books I bought!

      Delete
  3. Love your wallhanging and so appropriate this year! Love hearing /reading the sigh of collective relief from all the bloggers! Have a wonderful week and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering if I was the only one who felt their spirits lifted during inauguration day. Love your little door quilt. Cute towels too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! The inauguration felt like a breath of fresh air. So much hope compared to the past.

      Delete
  5. Wasn't it such a relief to have no violence on Wednesday? I was holding my breath over that. What lovely quilting goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was nervous the whole day! I worked that day so I had my phone streaming the inauguration when I could sneak it!

      Delete
  6. be sure to let us know how the retinol works!! Have you gotten the vaccine yet, as a medical professional I hope it's being given out! LOVE the books and videos... I want to come over, prop up my feet and watch/read them too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the Moderna vaccine 2 weeks ago. I go back for the second one 2 weeks from Monday. I've used the retinol 2 nights but will keep using it! I wish you lived closer so we could enjoy my quilt stuff!

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...