Thursday, December 10, 2020

I Like Thursday #81


 Hello and welcome to I Like Thursday! A few of us bloggers write uplifting and happy posts every Thursday.  Check out more posts over at LeeAnna's blog, Not Afraid of Color. We had our first snow storm last week. We received about 4 inches of snow. This is what it looked like after I got home from work. It had only been snowing about an hour at this point. I'm glad I got out of work before the storm really got going. 


I finished the tote bag for my son's girlfriend. I hope she likes it. She's an avid knitter and I hope she uses this tote to hold her current knit project. I know she loves Kaffe Fassett fabrics. Her late mother knew Kaffe Fassett somehow. I'm not sure of the details but I will definitely find out!


I found a new grain free snack! They don't really taste like tortilla chips but they're nice to have as an alternative snack. I snack on cassava chips also. Just to be honest, I do cheat so I'm not that great on keeping my whole diet Paleo, but I do try. I'm just trying to maintain my weight at this point. 


I'm just about done reading this book and I love it! It's about 3 sisters whose father dies. They learn they have a half sister due to an affair their father had with a neighbor. It's a great, fun read!

That's my week. Things are quiet. I'm not going out much. Most of my shopping has been on line. I'm just trying to stay healthy. Stay safe!



16 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary! It looks like you got home just in the knick of time although it looks like it was plenty slippery for driving. We're supposed to have our first storm of the season Friday night into Saturday. It's been a long time coming - it can just take its time. I'm not ready for snow, which is completely unreasonable given I live in Wisconsin. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay safe during the storm, Roseanne! I think we're supposed to get rain tomorrow but snow next week. I hope I'm off and don't have to drive in it! We'll have to see!!

      Delete
  2. That was quite a lot of snow! It is pretty, but boy, I don’t like driving in it!
    I just discovered Late July brand chips. I haven’t been into a grocery story but a few times since last March , so they may have them...but we are at our son’s on CA...he has them in his pantry! Good! I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to find snacks that are grain free. They're not so easy to get. I hope you enjoyed visiting your son.

      Delete
  3. Love that tote bag! The snow was pretty, but happier not driving in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like watching the snow from inside my house! I hate driving in it.

      Delete
  4. The snow was starting when I left for work, by the time I got to go home it was getting pretty yucky. The bag is awesome. Catching up on blogs your pineapple quilt is fabulous. Did I ask already did you use just one color as your center square? Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! Yes, I used the same color for each of the pineapple squares. I figured I could use as many scraps as I wanted and still have some uniformity.

      Delete
  5. Hi, that is one beautiful tote bag you made, I’m sure she will love it. Yes, it would be interesting to know the connection to Kaffe. So nice to be home and cozy when the snow is falling, isn’t it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! Yes, I'd rather be home when it starts to snow. I'm going to find out how her mom knew KF. I'm curious!

      Delete
  6. Perfect amount of snow ... not too much but enough to be pretty! I'm sure that tote will be appreciated. It's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well I have to go looking for cassava chips now, and Sweeney sisters sounds perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...