Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Pineapple Quilt Top Done!


 And just like that, my quilt top is done! It measures 90" X 90". It's great to see the finished top. I love the look of all the scraps together. I'll be quilting it at some point but I have a friend's quilt to finish first. I also have about 3 of my own quilts to quilt so I'll be concentrating on my longarm for a little while. I'll do that after the holidays. I'm just trying to get through Christmas and New Year's. The hospital is full and every day at work is very demanding. I wish there was an end in sight but I don't really see it yet. I think it's worse than this past Spring. I'm looking forward to the vaccine. It's the only bright light out there. 

This is the last gift I'm making for Christmas. It will eventually be a pin cushion. It's my own design but I haven't made it in awhile. It took me a little longer than I expected! I'll be quilting the top and backing and then sewing them together. I've had a nasty headache all day so it may have to wait until tomorrow. I'm hoping to wrap gifts for the rest of the day. I think I may need to take some Motrin first. 


8 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful--lovely finish on it...
    Isn't it awful how people are just ignoring the safety measures--cases spiraling?
    I hope you can enjoy your Christmas and New Years, Rosemary.
    I am taking a break from sewing for a bit...these gray days are getting to us...
    Gott hang in and do our bit safely..
    Merry Christmas--stay safe and healthy...hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I don't know what's so awful about following CDC guidelines. I feel like I'm doing my part. I won't be sewing much either. I'm working the day before as well as the day after the holiday. Not enough time! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that top is a beautiful labor of love! I love your little pincushion block design too. Have a wonderful Christmas, healthy and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo for the pineapple quilt finish! Love your little pinny too. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt top is beautiful - well done!! And the pin cushion will be lovely - that's a cute block/design. Best wishes for a Merry Christmas - I hope you stay healthy and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Raewyn! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...