Wednesday, December 16, 2020

I Like Thursday #82

 

I thought I'd write my I Like Thursday post early this week. A Nor'easter is on the way and I'm not sure our power will stay on. Better safe than sorry! My daughter got a gift for Molly. It's a catnip kicker and Molly could smell it the minute it came in the house. No waiting until Christmas! She's been playing with it ever since she got it. She lays next to it and rubs her head all over it. It was a good choice for her!


I went to my local quilt shop today and bought myself a few things! I bought these cute decals to decorate my longarm. Aren't the pretty?? The saleslady who rang up my order said each of her machines has it's own decal. They're different machines so they get a unique decal. This one is Hawaiian Holiday but there are a bunch of other flowers available. 


I bought a new quilting ruler. HandiQuilter had a demonstration using the Wave Template. There are so many neat designs you can make using either side of the ruler. 



I have one more Christmas gift to make. I love the idea of a pincushion with a little pocket.  I found this on line and thought I'd share. You can find the pattern here. I just thought it was so cute and so useful too! I don't think it would take much longer than an afternoon from start to finish. 

That's it for me this week. I'm so thankful that I'm off tomorrow and don't have to drive through the snowstorm. Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read more fun and positive posts. Stay safe! 


 

16 comments:

  1. Your fur baby looks content with her new toy;)))
    That ruler looks interesting--interested to see what you will create with it...stay safe and warm hugs Julierose :()

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! It's still snowing here but much lighter now. It's a great day to stay home with a warm cup of tea!

      Delete
  2. Molly is so appreciative of her new toy. So cute. Stay safe in the storm. Its nasty out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn. I so appreciated being able to stay home today.

      Delete
  3. I'm happy you are off too and don't have to drive in snow, something I am not fond of. Meanwhile, interesting purchases. I never knew such existed for sewing machines. Pretty. I'm sure you will get wonderful use out of this ruler. So catnip is something cats really do love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! Yes, the two cats I have now love catnip! It's so funny to see their reaction!

      Delete
  4. Hi Rosemary! I'd say Molly loves her Christmas gift. I can imagine that she'd smell it right away! What a fun idea. I hope you are safe and sound with all the snow. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! The storm is finally over. We got well over a foot and it's so cold!

      Delete
  5. I love the pincushion with the little pocket! What a clever idea. I'll be glad when I can get out and shop again. I'm not a big shopper but even I miss looking in stores. holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I'm not a huge shopper either but it would be nice to do whatever we feel like. Let's hope for better days!

      Delete
  6. PS Hope your power stays on and you are snug inside your house today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the power has stayed on. The snow was fluff out here; I think the trees have shaken it off. What a happy kitty! I've not seen decals like that - what a fun way to spiff up your sewing machine. That quilting ruler looks way cool - you'll have to show off what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! Our power did stay on and the snow was very fluffy here too! I plan on spending some time learning new patterns on the longarm. We'll see what I can do with that new ruler!

      Delete
  8. I was admiring someone's machine art on Instagram the other day and was thinking it would be neat to be able to decorate mine. Awe your kitty is really enjoying the toy. What a cute, pincushion would be an awesome gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! My daughter has a little more experience with tattoos so she's going to help me put them on my machine!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...