Thursday, November 12, 2020

I Like Thursday #77

 


It's Thursday and time for an uplifting post. Please join LeeAnna and other bloggers for more happy posts at Not Afraid of Color. Lots of fun stuff there! This is the view outside in my back yard. It's been warm but all the leaves are gone. It's been windy and those leaves have been floating past the windows. The cats have been watching the leaves flying. I think it's fun for them to see! Unfortunately, winter is on the way.


Speaking of the cats, I think I shared a picture of my husband's new leather chair. Well, the cats have been very interested in this new piece of furniture. My husband bought a very soft blanket to throw over the chair so the cats would ignore it. Wrong move! The cats love that soft throw and have been sleeping on it together! They rarely sleep this closely but this chair has brought them together!




We had a little party at work for one of my closest work friends. She turned 40 (so young!) so we brought in all sorts of goodies. It made the day so much nicer. That strawberry log is the best! It's made up of fresh strawberries, cake and lots of whipped cream. It's her favorite and we loved getting it for her since we could eat some too!!




I'm making 2 tote bags for Christmas gifts. My friend has 2 little girls. I just love these fabrics! I'm going to make the tote bags but also include a few books for each girl. They are 4 years old and 9 years old. I make them gifts every year. They're 2 fun little girls. I love making them gifts and they appreciate everything I've made for them.

That's it for me this week. It's been a quiet week. Covid is getting worse so I'm spending more time home. Stay safe and stay healthy!!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary! I am giggling over your husband thinking that soft throw would keep the cats away. Seriously?! That woman is NOT 40 - no way, nope, don't believe it. The party looks like fun. Isn't it nice to celebrate ANYTHING these days??! Cute, cute, CUTE fabrics for the tote bags. I can just picture my little girl carrying one of these totes. All of a sudden she is very girly. How fun! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had such a fun day with that party! You're right that this year any celebration is a good thing! My daughter was so girly when she was little. I miss that! But she's pretty cool now too!

      Delete
  2. The cats have other plans. Lucy loved to scratch and puke on my leather sofa. Sigh. Bobbin loves to sit on the back in the sunshine and look out at the world. Or I guess it is her domain. How fun to have a birthday party, the cake looks yummy. The fabrics will make awesome tote bags. I don't remember seeing what size were your pineapple blocks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! Not a bad week! The Pineapple Blocks are 10.5 inches square. I'm still glad they're all made!

      Delete
  3. When has a soft throw ever deterred anyone? LOL That strawberry cake looks delicious. Those tote bags will be cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! The strawberry cake was amazing! My husband bought the wrong item if he was trying to keep the cats away!! Haha!

      Delete
  4. That strawberry cake looks so good! Love the forest fabric and that very cute Little Red Riding Hood. Clever choice for the tote bags. Cats sure do love their comfort, don't they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! The cats decide where they're going to sleep no matter what we do. They're very good at finding the nicest spot!

      Delete
  5. those kitties! Now if your husband could throw a cuddly blanket over the country maybe we'd all be able to sleep better in unison. Nice party, 40 is a terrific age

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only a blanket would work over this country of ours! We had such a fun party day at work. It's getting busy again so I doubt we'll have many more fun days for awhile.

      Delete
  6. LOL @ your kitties sleeping on his chair!! Hahahaha! That strawberry cake looks delish! Those bags are perfect to hold books! Well done and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice bags and i love the cats sleeping together lol.its comfy mom
    Nice birthday treats too. Yeah covid keeping me in more too. Ughhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two kitties are so fresh but we just love them! I'm afraid Covid is just going to get worse. I'm nervous about going to work.

      Delete
  8. I too love the fabric in your Christmas Tote bags!
    The layered strawberry cake looks delish!!

    I can see why the cats love that spot. I would too.

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...