Thursday, November 19, 2020

I Like Thursday #78

 


Happy Thursday! It's time to join fellow bloggers with a positive post. Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read more fun and uplifting posts. We really need them this year! We had to get rid of our pumpkins. As you can see, the squirrels found themselves a great food source. We actually just moved them into the woods behind our house. They were leaving all sorts of seeds and scraps all over our front steps. They're welcome to make the mess in the woods where I won't have to clean them!

I got a new design wall. I tacked it to the wall behind my longarm. Unfortunately, my Pineapple quilt is going to be much larger than the design wall. I decided to separate the row so I could see the blocks together. Each row should measure about 90 inches but I think the design wall is closer to 70 inches. Oh, well, I can still use it but I won't be able to get the whole row up there. I'll figure something out. I already like how the first row looks!

I'm almost done with the tote bags for my friend's daughters. I just have to top stitch the top edge and close up the opening at the bottom. I really love how they came out! I wanted to finish them before I get started on the Pineapple quilt. I can't wait to give them to the girls!


I received this book as an Advanced Reader's Copy. I enter my name for all sorts of book offers but rarely win. I was so surprised when I got this in the mail. It's to be published in 2021. I'll let you know if it's good. I'm reading the Book Woman of Troublesome Creek right now and it's excellent! I'm dying to keep reading but the Nook needs to charge.

That's my week! It's been colder here and Covid has been increasing. I'm staying home and sewing as much as I can. Have a great week!



16 comments:

  1. Just love the pic of the squirrel enjoying his pumpkin! We dont have squirrels here in New Zealand but they always seem such busy industrious animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny! We have plenty of squirrels running around Massachusetts! They're nervous little tree rats!!

      Delete
  2. Those tote bags are so pretty and will be so useful. Also love your pineapple blocks and look at that pretty secondary pattern they are making. I didn't know squirrels liked pumpkins so much and how neat to give them a treat out in the woods. Our numbers are slowly rising too. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn! I hope the girls like the totes. I'm nervous about going to work. The hospital is getting busy again. I'm constantly washing my hands and keeping my mask on the whole time.

      Delete
  3. Such a cute photo of the squirrel - they're a favourite of mine. Used to have a few around where I lived as a child.Your Pineapple quilt is a heck of a size at 90", looking beautiful already though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Maureen. I'm looking forward to sewing it together!

      Delete
  4. The squirrel pic made me smile. They have been snatching the grape tomatoes and hurling them around the deck at my house. Love your pineapples. The bags turned out fabulous. Stay home, and safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I hope you're enjoying your time off!

      Delete
  5. Bad squirrel! (albeit a very happy one!) Those pineapple blocks look terrific. Those totes look great! My sister recommended the Book Woman of Troublesome Creek - I have it on my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sally! I just finished the book and it was wonderful! One of my favorites!

      Delete
  6. Lovely tote bags and I really love those pineapple blocks. Keep up the good work. I find them a little tedious to sew but I love the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie! I was so sick of making Pineapple blocks but I'm glad I stuck with it. I can't wait to get my quilt top sewn together.

      Delete
  7. Loved the squirrel pic but really adore your pineapple quilt! The colors are great! Have a wonderful weekend and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! It's a great time to stay home and sew!

      Delete
  8. Oh wow do I love those bags. Your quilting is also beautiful.
    The squirrel in the pumpkin shot is so fun to look at. It is lucky you could catch that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deana! I had my eye on that squirrel and knew he'd be back in that pumpkin!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...