Thursday, November 5, 2020

I Like Thursday #76


 It's Thursday so it's time to join a group of bloggers that will have posts that are positive and upbeat. Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read these posts. This picture is my 81 Pineapple Blocks that I finished yesterday! I'm relieved to be done. They were fun at first but I felt they were more of a chore towards the end. I'll be fooling around with placement but I need a little break from them for now!


I made my first Paleo Pumpkin Bread of the season! I usually make banana bread but thought I should change it up. My whole house smells so good!


I'll be quilting this vintage quilt top soon. My friend buys vintage  quilt tops and I quilt them for her. It works out nicely for both of us! I wanted to make a secondary quilt design between the Dresden Plates but the space is sort of uneven. I'm going to have to come up with something. If anyone has any ideas, let me know!


I'm almost done sewing down this binding. I don't think I could do it without these binding clips. I just love them. I use them for piecing too. Do you all use them too? I don't know of anyone who doesn't like them. They're so helpful!

That's my week! We had snow last week but it's close to 70 today. I guess the weather can't make up it's mind! I actually have windows open and getting some fresh air into the house. 


10 comments:

  1. I'm fascinated by your Brioche scarf pattern...so intricate looking. Is the word the same as in the bread because I also love Brioche loaf. Maybe it spells differently. So happy for you to be finished your lovely pineapple blocks. They will make an amazing looking quilt. I haven't made a pumpkin loaf this year as daughter has still been baking and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jocelyn, brioche is the same word for both. It's called brioche knitting because it's thick and plump like a brioche roll! It's easier than it looks. I'm so happy to have my pineapple blocks all done. They took a lot longer than I expected!

      Delete
  2. Hi Rosemary! 81 pineapple blocks are a lot. They look pretty all stacked up there. I sure do understand needing a break from a project - especially these days. I am wondering if you could quilt a ghost Dresden shape in the very center of those four blocks? I love using those binding clips, too. I used to use straight pins but these are a lot less dangerous for my littles and me. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I've got plenty of other projects to keep me busy! The clips are so easy to use. I have a huge box of them.

      Delete
  3. I just did 3 pineapple blocks the other day I can't imagine doing 81. But I do like the scrappy and I am kind of contemplating a scrappy pineapple. As to your Dresden I have a weird idea but am not too sure how to describe it. Kind of like a giant, elongated X between in the narrow parts fanning out almost like an optical curve with cross hatching in between. I love the clips for binding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd use up so many scraps but I hardly made a dent. Your idea sounds intriguing but I can't picture it! Make a drawing and send me a picture!

      Delete
  4. Wow, that is a serious stack of blocks! Mmm... banana bread. I bet it smells wonderful! I love those clips for sewing a binding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad those blocks are done! My house smelled so good for awhile!

      Delete
  5. I want my house to smell like your bread. yum. Vintage quilts... yea! the connection between generations of quilters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pumpkin bread came out so good! I love quilting vintage quilt tops. I feel like I'm finishing them for the person who made them.

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...